The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Welsh Motor Show....

Guest Tobes

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, just back from Holidays and sadly, the Supe isn't ready for me to pick up today as arranged. :(

I have arranged to meet Gareth (CARDIFFSUPRA) in the public carpark around 0845 to give him his green club car pass, and on the wales motor show web site I noticed there is a space reserved for the MKIV Supra club.

So I will park the ASTRA in the public area and wander over to meet up with you guys.

This means I won't be joining the convoy in Newport as planned and will probably be wandering around sulking most of the time!!!

See you tomorrow...

Cheers

Jon

Hi Guys, just back from Holidays and sadly, the Supe isn't ready for me to pick up today as arranged. :(

I have arranged to meet Gareth (CARDIFFSUPRA) in the public carpark around 0845 to give him his green club car pass, and on the wales motor show web site I noticed there is a space reserved for the MKIV Supra club.

So I will park the ASTRA in the public area and wander over to meet up with you guys.

This means I won't be joining the convoy in Newport as planned and will probably be wandering around sulking most of the time!!!

See you tomorrow...

Cheers

Jon

Nice one fella! Cya tomorrow. btw the convoy is from Cardiff ;)

Was about 2ish I think. Did not know what else to do there really. Seen the cars drifting and all, been around all the stands etc...

Felt a bit chavey to me. I just cant beleive people brought buckets and sponges with them to just wash their cars contantly all day.....

Did you see that Supra there where they had RIVETED the fibre bodykit to the metal shell of the Supra.. What a mess!

Was about 2ish I think. Did not know what else to do there really. Seen the cars drifting and all, been around all the stands etc...

Felt a bit chavey to me. I just cant beleive people brought buckets and sponges with them to just wash their cars contantly all day.....

Did you see that Supra there where they had RIVETED the fibre bodykit to the metal shell of the Supra.. What a mess!

Yeah it was a little chavy, Did you see the other supra that was parked with us?(white, black wheels) Any idear whos it was?

Yeah the Supra with the rivets belongs to The_host on here. I did'nt like the fiberglass, Would have looked nice sprayed a nice colour.

We left about 3, Did the same as you looked at everthing twice, then had a pint then buggerd off home just as it started to piss down :D

Thanks to all the guys for their company and genuine sympathy about the car problem.

The supes in the piccies looked great save for some tosser parking a bloody big shopping trolley in the middle. :innocent:

Good news - the car's engine rebuild is finished and it is currently undertaking a 200 mile inital run-in before I have it back.

Martin (MKIVSTORE) reckons it is sounding reaeaealy sweet:cool:

Hope to have it back on Thursday...

So apologies again for being a tosser with the parking... See you very soon.

September meet perhaps?

Ahh that'll be the Newport guys on the forum who came to the last meet in Cardiff bay then..... errr the one you couldn't get to..... ;)

We left just before you then.... like you say, very chavvy. I will also add

Very expensive,

Poorly organised, (church fete would do a better job)

and the choice of the presenter basically says it all. He would have appealed to those wannabees who were in the majority.

If the fuel girls had set themselves on fire it would have only been a tad more enjoyable.

But hey! Great company Gareth, Mike and Mr Traffic Light.

and as a result it was still a great day, methinks JAE next year though?

I was looking forward to seeing a Pagani Zonda, but I did not find it :( Really love them cars!!

Whats the 0-60 on that shopping trolley then fellar? :inno:

The front pic of the Sup's makes me even more want to change that front bumper of mine. I liked the one on that white supra you mentioned. Only spoke to the guy briefly, seemed a good fellar.

Whats the 0-60 on that shopping trolley then fellar? :inno:

'bout 3 days, 4 hours if you really put your foot down! Thats what it feels like anyway. :(

I wouldn't worry about changing anything on your car. It looks absolutely mint and a different nose wouldn't change that.

Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I guess you will change it in the end. Have you ever considered a full frontal despoiling?

You'd surely be the first! ;)

Glad your getting the car back mate, bet you missed her :D

TBH mate it's identical to being banned from driving coz you don't 'drive' the other cars, you just move them from place to place.

I'll give her a big kiss on her return... and who knows.... might just pop a dab of vaseline on the exhaust and take her up the wrong'un. :eyebrows:

Yeah... It'll be good to get my bitch back!