The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best qoute from lynbrook insurance

dazla

After receiving my renewal from Adrian flux i decided to shop about. Adrian flux has charged me a £150 extra this year not to mention last year as well! Bringing my renewal to £950 with 12 years no claims!

Rung Lynbrook insurance as Havard said they do a great deal if you insure your car as a classic car. I was shocked to get a quote for £423. I snatched there hand off:D

Paul, I'm gonna have to buy you a pint the next time i see you. Cheers bud;)

Think you have to be over 25 and the car has to be 10 years old. That's what most companies I spoke to ask of you.

Website says over 21? Also with Lynbrooks, can they arrange monthly payments, or is it just a one off payment policy?

Taken From Lynbrooks website:

Classic/ Vintage

Offer unique insurance for classic & vintage vehicles 10 or more years old - or were in manufacture 15 years ago - but no longer made. Drivers to be 21 years or over.

The conditions to qualify are:

Your motor car, tricycle or light commercial must be used for no more than 8000 miles in a year (lower mileage options are available)

You must possess a full U.K. driving licence.

You must otherwise be acceptable to the Insurers

Unique Special Features:

Self repair option which includes payment for parts and YOUR OWN labour. Ability to "buy back" salvage. FREE "Green Cards" to the EEC Free foreign use for overseas car rallies. Dismantled parts and accessories covered in owner's garage up to £500. "CASH BACK" option if 8000 mile limit selected.

Additional features which may be available

Breakdown/ Recovery within the U.K/Europe. Following "write off" where there is no salvage eg. theft - and Agree Value applies - up to £500 extra is payable towards costs in finding a replacement vehicle. Free 10% value uplift (until next renewal) for National Concours win. Fire damage to garage housing vehicle up to £2500 Refund of unexpired licence following fire or theft if not otherwise recoverable. Business use and / or wedding hire and / or film studio hire. Driving cars not owned by you, for third party cover.

Other Facilities

Schemes for - Classic motorcycles, hybrid classics and modern bikes. Classic Caravanettes (over 10 years old). Household building / contents (with motoring spares included). NOTE: Not all of these features will apply to the quotation given as these are a selection from several different schemes