The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another reason why my Supra doesn't like the cold....

Jim_1979

I changed mine for new ones and the hatch still creeks in this cold.

I,d not worry about it too much.

As for fitting, they should be dead easy if the posi-head srews come out ok. Make absolutely sure that you use the correct screw driver. If you dont, you will probably round them off, then you will have to drill them out & thats a total bitch, I know from bitter experience.

Carl

... well apart from having a twitchy back end!

The worn boot rubbers which normally make a little noise now sound loud as anything!!!.... lol. Doing my nut in!! They're brick hard and frozen!

Must replace boot rubbers.... must replace boot rubbers.... :)

Funny you say this... i was only thinking this driving to work this morning

I have new bump stops fitted but on really icey mornings the Veilside Spoiler makes all sorts of strange noisys, from Squeaks to loud high pitch wines when its covered in ice, Really weird !!!!

• 1 month later...
how much are the boot rubbers? does anyone on here sell them?

Your local Toyota garage can usually have them ordered in for you in a few days, I think mine cost about £5 or something similar (maybe less, it was so long ago).

It seems that the Jap spec cars have the worst job in removing the screws due to the amount of frickin locktite that those crazy Japanese engineers use!! Yes use the correct screwdriver size, not one that *seems* to fit - you *WILL* round the heads off and that is not nice! Some people find heating the screws up with one of those micro windproof pocket lighter/blow torch thingies helps (not so hot you are burning/bubbling paint though ;)).

Alternatives that have been suggested that I never tried (but some claim work) - wd40 the rubbers, sports tape (or similar) on the rubbers (soft cushioned stuff with sticky one side you can buy at sports shops), turning the radio up ... ;)

Your local Toyota garage can usually have them ordered in for you in a few days, I think mine cost about £5 or something similar (maybe less, it was so long ago).

It seems that the Jap spec cars have the worst job in removing the screws due to the amount of frickin locktite that those crazy Japanese engineers use!! Yes use the correct screwdriver size, not one that *seems* to fit - you *WILL* round the heads off and that is not nice! Some people find heating the screws up with one of those micro windproof pocket lighter/blow torch thingies helps (not so hot you are burning/bubbling paint though ;)).

Alternatives that have been suggested that I never tried (but some claim work) - wd40 the rubbers, sports tape (or similar) on the rubbers (soft cushioned stuff with sticky one side you can buy at sports shops), turning the radio up ... ;)

Thanks, i tried the wd40 but it only works for about 3 days. I will have a word with Toyota.

Cheers

I was lucky as when i replaced my boot rubbers I didnt have the problem with the glue that others have, however they were as bad with the creaking noises as the old ones i had just replaced.

I put a thin piece of rubber between them and now they are fine.

I was lucky as when i replaced my boot rubbers I didnt have the problem with the glue that others have, however they were as bad with the creaking noises as the old ones i had just replaced.

I put a thin piece of rubber between them and now they are fine.

In between the boot rubber and car ?