The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie saying Hi!

Guest samcoombes

Guest samcoombes

Hello

I've just bought a 1994 Black NA 3.0l Supra :-D

I'm 21, so have only just been able to insure one, and it's great. Unfortunately, i've got no tax and haven't received my new insurance certificate yet, and it's really annoying!

I have one problem: The folding mirrors - only the drivers side works. Is this a common fault? Is it easily fixed?

Also, I have a yellow headlight - again can I split this and clean it out? Is the yellow just manky condensation or something more serious?

Many thanks, and I look foward to meeting some of you lot!

welcome mate.

with the headlight i'd check that there's not a loose connection on the headlight wiring at all, although it's not a problem i've heard of before.

with regards to the lights yes you can warm up the light and split it, clean it and seal it again but try polishing the outside first and see if that helps. if not then do it yourself as above (or for the none diy-er contact a member called gzaerojon who refurbs lights for forum members).

lastly, we need pictures :)

Guest samcoombes

pictures to follow later mate as I only got it the other night!

Thanks for the info, I meant that the headlight glass was yellow - not the actual light. me bad.

How hot do I need to heat the light to and for how long? I've tried searching, and found the guy who does the overhaul, but I cant find any DIY info.

Many Thanks

yeah i know what you meant re: the headlight glass being yellow.

depending on how bad it is it sometimes helps if you tcut the outside though.

as for heating it in the oven, it's something i wouldn't even dream of attempting mate. not too hot though obviously as the light itself is plastic.