The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RR Question For People Running TTC Mode.

Tricky-Ricky

Going to run mine on a RR soon, and i was wondering what sort of boost and AFR figures people where getting? main reason i ask is cos i can make 1.25 bar on the road and due to the loading a RR can generate i am concerned that my boost figures will go higher than this, and push the turbos a bit to high for safety:(

Ian C posted up some dyno charts for comparison between Seq and TTC. The Seq set up produced more power upto 4k rpm. then it was even stevens from there. The only things was the nasty boost spike that TTC produces at about 4k rpm.

Peak power/torque wise there is no difference.

hi mate off topic but do you like it in ttc mode? do you find it faster to ?

Hi mate, i personally like it:) i suspect you might also, coming from the S14, its like running a GT28RS, just feels like one turbo, i'm not keen on the low rpm boost and then having to wait until after 4,000 rpm for the rest of the shove,

As for the TTC mode not producing as much power, i suspect it purely down to the way the individual car is set up, as mine will make 1 bar by 3,200 rpm and 1.2 by 3,800 rpm, there is bound to be what might be called a boost spike due to both turbos running together, it will seem far more noticeable on a graph than the two smaller spikes you get with sequential as its a smoother progression.