The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some unintentional sideways actrion

jaymdee

There I am calmly turning left onto a dual carriageway when I suddenly find the back end coming all the way round, I tried to correct - far too much, swung the other way then back again, leaving me sliding sideways down the road. Ended up totally side-on to the road :eek: Luckily no cars were coming, so was able to straighen up & carry on. Also lucky I didn't hit any lamp posts etc. All because of half an hour of rain leaving slippery shite on the road :(

Some skid pan practice needed (oh, and RLTC!!)

J

Also some track days action to get the feel of it, and a CW camber/castor/toe setup, not the stock toyota crap settings.

Hope you "invest" in quality tyres. :)

I always buy good tyres mate - not worth saving a few quid buying crap rubber. Currently running Michelin Pilot Sport 2 - £150 per tyre!! Am also running the 'Lance' settings from MKIV.com.

It was certainly 'entertaining'!! (more rush than brown-trousers)

J

Lol - I had this tonight. Was turning right onto a wide road, gave it a little go pedal on purpose and the rear swung out, over-corrected it once, then over corrected it again. Heat went a little as the Punto at the side of the road got a little closer but controlled it in the end.

Mind you, seemed to impress the clubbers that were queueing up..

There I am calmly turning left onto a dual carriageway when I suddenly find the back end coming all the way round, I tried to correct - far too much, swung the other way then back again, leaving me sliding sideways down the road. Ended up totally side-on to the road :eek: Luckily no cars were coming, so was able to straighen up & carry on. Also lucky I didn't hit any lamp posts etc. All because of half an hour of rain leaving slippery shite on the road :(

Some skid pan practice needed (oh, and RLTC!!)

J

And a slightly lighter right foot!

this is the fun of driving a RWD car.... you always have to be concentrating or otherwise you can be facing the wrong way in a second.

It makes you much more involved in the driving experience which is something I like. The Supra is an easy car to slide.... if I were you I'd go back and practice sliding it round a few corners so you get the feel of how the rear end breaks away. ;-) (in a safe environment of course)

It will save you money on having to buy RLTC, which in my view is uneccesarry.

this is the fun of driving a RWD car.... you always have to be concentrating or otherwise you can be facing the wrong way in a second.

It makes you much more involved in the driving experience which is something I like. The Supra is an easy car to slide.... if I were you I'd go back and practice sliding it round a few corners so you get the feel of how the rear end breaks away. ;-) (in a safe environment of course)

It will save you money on having to buy RLTC, which in my view is uneccesarry.

Funnily enough I've been thinking this. Just can't find anywhere wide enpugh and empty enough to have a 'play'. I'll keep looking

J

Lance settings, hhmmmm tried those and got your results lol, try more toe out on the front will help the car to steer more progressively, instead of the usual nothing then snatch style of steering. Really does cut down the risk of unexpected slides, and steering gets heavier with more feel.

When you are fitting the billy's bin the eibachs, I had those and didnt rate them, there are better handling alternatives. :)