The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights help!

dilocruzy

Hello there!!!

Have looked arround to find a thread to find this info but forgive me if its arround here somewhere.

Want to change a jap spec plastic headlights that have gone yellowish, have a L reg inport (93) and would like to know what the different options are that will fit my pride and joy (facelift, glass or back to plastic anyone got pics of the examples?).

Many thanks

Dan

They'll all fit, not all at once, but you know what I mean.

The face-lift lights don't have the side-light in the headlight, so you will need to upgrade the indicators to the facelift ones aswell.

The UK spec lights will require different bulbs in a few of the holes.

If you check out my VB Garage you will see a side-by-side shot of yellow j-spec lights and UK glass headlights.

Hello there!!!

Have looked arround to find a thread to find this info but forgive me if its arround here somewhere.

Want to change a jap spec plastic headlights that have gone yellowish, have a L reg inport (93) and would like to know what the different options are that will fit my pride and joy (facelift, glass or back to plastic anyone got pics of the examples?).

Many thanks

Dan

Dan, I've sourced a lot of facelift headlight for member from here in HK, as they are quite a bit cheaper. I can supply them either with or without bulbs.

I can also get rears and indicators at a good price, pm me if interested. See photos attached of facelift headlights, indicators and rears.

FL Front Lights.jpg

FL Headlights.jpg

FL Rear Lights.jpg

You should really buy new 9006 bulbs for the UK headlights dip beams. The Jap dipped beam bulbs have a slightly narrower diameter body (Jap 20mm/UK 22mm) so will not seal properly onto the headlights (although they will fit.) The high beams should be fine.

You can see the differences on the attached images.

UK Glass Headlights bulb spec = Dip 9006, High 9005

J-Spec Headlight bulb spec = Dip 9006J, High 9005J

The 9005J and 9006J are not available in the UK AFAIK, 9005 bulbs can be used instead for both but will need trimming slightly.

9005-9005J.jpg

9006-9006J.jpg