The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra stop and won't start again. ECU failure ?

eival

Hello all !

i'm having some issues with my Supra. It's a GTE VVTi, was tiptronic, and i just swapped it to manual (R154). The ECU was changed for a Mine's manual.

It started and ran perfectly. After 30min of running to bleed the cooling system, and driving for 10 min, i stopped to refill the car, restarted it and after 1 mile, i got no response of the throttle pedal, engine light managment goes on, and car just stop (smoothly, just as if i cut it off with the key). I was "playing" with my turbo pressure manometer connection, which also buged.

And then, impossible to start again ! Prior to that failure, the only dash light coming on was "Slip cont off", but randomly blinking.

When i turn the key on "on" some lights don't come on (Slip cont off for example !) as it should.

I tried with my "old" auto ECU, and it starts perfectly. It was a good news as i could bring back the car at home, but i would really like to enjoy my Mine's ECU :D

Any ideas ? (i'm just praying that the ECU didn't die)

Thanks !

Doesn't the tiptronic gearbox ECU also have something to do control wise with the ects-i throttle body? Just a thought but maybe you need to change to the non-vvti throttle body.

E2A

If the Mines isn't for VVT-i it won't control the VVT-i in the engine. Can you post up a photo of the Mines?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Doesn't the tiptronic gearbox ECU also have something to do control wise with the ects-i throttle body? Just a thought but maybe you need to change to the non-vvti throttle body.

E2A

If the Mines isn't for VVT-i it won't control the VVT-i in the engine. Can you post up a photo of the Mines?

The mine's ÉCU is for VVTi, reference is 89661-14830. Don't have any photo right now, but I'm sure of that, search long enough to assure it ;)

I may have found a lead : in stock manual supra, the VSS signal goes to cluster, and then from cluster to ECU. I wired the VSS simultaneously to the cluster and to the ÉCU. And it's seems that the ECU doesn't like it as it's not the correct signal (the signal is normally modified in the cluster before going to the ECU)

Will do the test this week and I'll let you know ;)

Thanks for your ideas ;)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk