The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Subwoofer box custom for supra boot

chilli

Years ago when I was into car audio I made a subwoofer box for the back of a supra mkiv.

The box is shallow and is designed to fit in the compact space of the supra boot.

It's made of 18mm MDF, braced, sealed and ported and covered in carpet. It contains IIRC 2x 12 inch very meaty speakers (make escapes me). Designed as I recall for an active crossover, or external passive one.

No idea the design spec now but given the small box size (due to limited boot space) the box was ported for around 45-50Hz

Did run on a 1k class-d power amp and was very overspec to requirements, sounded great though.

Hard to value but since it is heavy/bulky if you wanted it and would collect it, it can be yours for not much, lets say £75 ono. I'm in Sussex.

If there's any interest in car audio I might have some other bits to follow or go with it, will see what I can dig out. Including the amp (which maybe dusty but should be functioning).

Dug it out, was pretty dusty but looks in decent shape. Have given it a quick hoover but would benefit more thorough clean up...

2x 12" woofers - each wired to a separate pair of binding posts so you can run parallel or individually.

Found separate amps:

Amp used for sub is Sony - XM-D1600PS 1 channel class D power amp. Is dusty and a bit tatty finish wise, where it's been in shed but should be good. If can find time and quick way to test it will check it. But unless it went bad while not in use, should be good, was all fine last time used.

Also, random other amps/bits: JVC 2x90W + 2x25W Amp, a parametric active crossover box and an old SoundLab 2x100W amp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.