The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight mounts

Supra Gaz

I have been putting my headlights back in after re-sealing them. They came off the car ok, well actually, they sort of 'popped' out, now I am trying to put them back in, they will not sit flush with the front wing, the top is fine but at the bottom where the wing meets the bumper I have a half inch gap.

After much head scratching and swearing I have found that the mount where the two threads on the back of the headlight slot in, is all bent out of shape. I have tried to bend it back, and frankly made it worse.

Has anyone got a helpful tip on how to solve this, or do you know if I can buy a new mount bit? I'm getting angry looking at it now.

Cheers folks

Pics might help dude ;)

Depending how bad it is, might be a cut them off and weld new brackets job. Either that, or you just aren't seating the lights correctly. A half inch gay sounds like the threads may not be going through the bracket, but over it?

How can you bend it by simple taking the light out? ..... You had a bump?

Im breaking a car, may have spare bits if you need them... Get a picture up too

No bumps, it's never had a bump I think, all the metal around the brackets are nice and straight, it looks like they had been played with by the previous owner to get the lights in straight.

I think the thing to do is bend them completely back, put the headlights in the right place and then bend the mount back place?

Pics might help dude ;)

Depending how bad it is, might be a cut them off and weld new brackets job. Either that, or you just aren't seating the lights correctly. A half inch gay sounds like the threads may not be going through the bracket, but over it?

I thought people would ask for pics, but I'm on my way to work now. They are going into the threads, the mounts are just way out.