The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New PB at Pod (only just) and annoying misfire

Shane

Been waiting ages to try my new MT's out on the strip and had high hopes, but it wasn't to be.

Second run out of five got me a 13.331 which although slightly better than my previous pb of 13.39 was not what I was hoping for.

I have developed a really annoying misfire/holding back under high boost. Number 2 comes in as normal and then at around 0.9 bar it starts to hold back but then sporadically the holding back clears momentarily and pulls normal only to then start holding back again. I can only describe it like a plug lead or ht component breaking down. I convinced myself it was down to the coil pack connectors and replaced them yesterday for brand new complete connectors including the contacts.

Yesterday when I was testing the car after doing the connectors, I took out the kak depo boost controller and replaced it with my old MBC and it seemed fine, although I only did a few miles after this. Sadly today by my third run at pod the problem was back and remains so now:(

So, any ideas? I suspect I have a coil pack dying, I run Denso ik22 plugs and they have only been in for around 7,000 miles now, could these be on the way out?

Next weekend I will pull a plug at a time and replace it with a new one as i have 2 left after buying a pack of 8 just to see if that cures it.

Met another member there "redneck" who was getting some good times in his stripped out NA.