The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stonechip or Underseal ?

merckx

I've had little bits of rust in the wheel arches (around the suspension) and underneath, so I've decided to do it properly and remove everything back to bare metal.

I'm using 3 coats of Por 15 paint but I'm not sure what to use as a final layer underneath the car, I'll be using stonechip in the wheel arches and was thinking should I use this underneath aswell or use an underseal.

So,

I planned to use Upol Gravitex Stonechip or should I use Dinitrol stonechip, it's more expensive. :blink:

Should I use stone chip underneath or an underseal (underbody wax) such as Dinitrol, will this give provide better sound deadening?

Thanks

use schultz underseal, takes about 24 hours for it to Cure after application, once cured it is like a rubber sealant

Dont use any stone chip to underseal as it is prone to cracking

You can also use Billet hammer cavity wax to do inside the sills from the inside, lift back the carpet to get access

Use Zinc on Metal componets (suspenion arms); you are galvanising the metal components with the Zinc Spray (Bilt-Hamber Electrox; 3M™ Zinc Spray 16-501)

Photos of it cured ; it will get soon look OEM after a few weeks of driving from what I am told(Loose the shine)

Thanks Jellybean

Yes, I was looking at the Dinitrol Shultz underseal and I was surprised that it comes out of the gun with a gloss finish. The UPol Gravitex stonechip (black) is a nice matt very dark grey finish which I may put on top.

Thanks Jellybean

Yes, I was looking at the Dinitrol Shultz underseal and I was surprised that it comes out of the gun with a gloss finish. The UPol Gravitex stonechip (black) is a nice matt very dark grey finish which I may put on top.

From what I was told, over time it will eventually loose the shine and go dark grey