The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diff question

GTR Fever

hey guys

finally drove my car properly since owning it..got it tinted, installed a small music system, fixed the A/C etc. so its nice and comfy to drive..with that aside, i have two questions..

1) I need a LSD as my car was originally N/A and auto..what diff can work?..getting an OEM supra TT diff is almost impossible here in Trinidad. However, Soarer's, Chaser's and Aristo's are very common..can these diffs bolt straight up? and would the ratio be fine?

2) I have a strange suspension noise that worries me..when taking off and coming to a stop, there's a loud suspension noise coming from the front, sounds as if something is loose..but, when driving through bad roads, no noise...i went under the car and checked every single bolt in the front suspension except for one of the left side steering rack bolts..don't know how to tighten it :(

what can be causing this?..has me pretty worried..

Thanks guys

not harsh braking..just normal driving..however, if you slam on the brake, the noise is louder..

its not really a single noise..you hear a noise when you first apply the brake then again when you almost stop..it is definitely not a rattle and too loud to be a creak (i think)

will try the left and right lock thing on saturday and let you know..

thanks again