The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet Lock/Catch Bolts

Littler

Hi,

Does anyone know what sizes the bolts for the bonnet catches are? It's locked up for the winter so I'm hoping someone may know and it will save me having to getting it out. I'm looking at altering the catches so they are lower down but as they have centering bolts I would like to know the size of them so I can get standard bolts.

Also has anyone gave what I'm wanting to do a try??

Cheers,

are you on about the standard latch, or aerocatches/bonnet pins? i have aero catches on mine that the guy who owned it before put in, but he put them above the lights, and i have the same problem. bonnet very slightly raised at the front. im thinking of getting more aerocatches and putting them between the lights, as that should solve my problem. other than that, not sure really. hope this may help

Hi Adam....I have the same problem,,popped a similar question to yours on here in the technical section very recently. Mine looks very slightly raised on the nearside only.Yes,it would seem that we have to change the bolts to non-tapered ones...