The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"D" mode seems misbehaving and both "L" and "2" lights lit up as well?

fastnfurious

it has been weeks i didn't drive my Supra, only start it up every 3-4 days to keep the battery alive. today, i finally got the chance to take it out for a spin and strange thing happened... while in "D" mode, both "L" and "2" lights lit up as well causing the rev to drag/hold... quickly shift it back and forth several times and problem gone for the time being, not sure if it will come back again soon... any idea what could be wrong?

the TRAC fuse was removed 2 years ago and no problem until of late, i mean few days ago... took it out for a spin this morning and still the same problem, when engaged in "D" it works perfectly but when downshift to "2", both "2" and "L" lights lit up (kinda dim tho') and likewise when downshift to "L", both "2" and "L" lights lit up... but "2" drives like 2nd gear and "L" like 1st gear despite of the "twin lights" weirdo... wonder what's going on really?

urgent help needed as the "L" and "2" lights problem didn't go away even after resetting the ECU (by removing the EFI #1 fuse for 10-20s) - HELPPP HELPPP HELPPP!

i've attached the photo for your reference. wonder if replacing the ATF will fix this weird problem?

note: the O/D light is flashing due to TRAC fuse being removed, likewise the TRAC light will stay on too.

photo.JPG

Edited by fastnfurious (see edit history)

i dont know anything about the gear selector in the supra but at a guess i would get to the wires of the selector and see what resistance i was getting through them,

does it feel right when moving the shifter ie is it machanical or electrical problem ? because by the looks of it it thinks its in both gears it could even be a trapped wire lots of thinks to be checking

failing that just keep it in drive and use it as normal.

i'm nearly sure that the selector switch that is giving the problems is at the side of the gearbox, it would be the one were the selector shaft comes out of the gearbox. I had a other make of a car a few years ago with the same sort of problem and that's were the problem was, the switch unit was faulty.

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

what i did today...

put back the TRAC fuse and the O/D flashing light and TRC light are back to normal now. however, the MANU light is on now and when shifting into R, N, D, 2 or L - both 2 and L lights stay on! what could be the problem now? also notice some kinda air/vacuum noise coming from the undercarriage after putting back the TRAC fuse and when i put the gear into D. is this normal?