The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help on a decision regarding wheels or tyres

ripped_fear

I promise this will be my last question on the matter:p

right today I have a choice either to go and get a set of tyres fitted to my current wheels which are ok but nothing special, I already have it booked in, to have a set of avon ZZ3's fitted all round

or

I have found 2 sets of these wheels pictured below, one of which is all silver the other set is grey in side with a polished lip.

it is going to work out about 150 quid more expensive to get the wheels already with tyres.

pics below the first is my current set up the second a pic i have found with my potential new set fitted.

what would be your opinion?

I've got the same wheels on mine (dished ones). If you lower the car they look great, however on stock suspension they look weird and like a hilux!

fair enough, i did think she looked high up, wasnt 100% though.

and unfortunately I am not going to lower her as I am saving as much as possible for my TT6 im only spending this because its just general stuff that has to be done. :)

If it's only £150 extra to get wheels too then I'd say go for it. If you don't like them, then just sell the wheels on without tyres and you'll make money on them :)