The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting water injection

barneybrendan

i have a water injection system to fit.If anybody has fitted one i need help wirring it in.

where is the best place to fit the nozzle and the fitting for the pressure line(na engine).My AIT sensor is fitted after the fmic where the pipe just starts to come up from the bottom of the radiator.

I have a red and black wire coming from the pump.i presume the black goes to ground but does the red go to a perminant or switched 12v live.

there is a level sensor in the tank ,the 2 red wires,im presuming this is just a low level warning that needs to go to ground and to a led via a switched live.

the other thing is i have another 4 wires that start at the tank end,1 of them only goes about a foot and then connects to something.the other 3 wires look like they would either go to the engine bay or dash board area.what would these of been for.

08102010124.jpg

08102010125.jpg

08102010126.jpg

08102010127.jpg

08102010128.jpg

08102010129.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

just found the wirring diagram,seems like the wires cable tied to the lines are nothing to do with the units operation,but even more confused now as the vacum sensor has already got connections goint to it but the pump has anothere 2 wires coming from the pump.check out the link and scroll down to 5.1.

http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/250PSIStandardTM.pdf

Whay are you fitting WI? what mix you going to use?

If there is possible chance of det you want to fit the nozzle closest to inlet as possible as this will cool the IAT's better than being further down

will be a good idea for safegaurd.Havnt descided what mix to use yet have to get some advice on that later.does that mean that the AIT sensor needs to be moved so its after the water nozzle.