The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock ECU on Supra N/A

Kazuma

don't know yet, was going to get car mapped at some point. Also thinking of getting a turbo fitted ..

A few companies in Japan can modify the mapping on the stock ECU, but not in the UK.

Something like an eManage or eManage Ultimate piggyback ECU could be used to get a little more hp/torque, but don't expect big gains for the cost of the ECU, mapping and dyno time.

What's your budget for the turbo install? If you do plan on doing a turbo conversion then ideally you'll want a full standalone ECU, loads of options available, best to choose who's going to map the car first and go with their advice.

I assume you mean spend £4,500 upgrading the brakes, injectors, fuel system, clutch, intake, decat......

...... and THEN fitting a turbo?

Simple answer, yes. But at the moment, i'm just seeing what's the best place to start. But also to quote Nic, i'll start by choosing a mapper me thinks. TBH, this is the first time I've ever considered doing anything like this so, all the advise I can get is very very helpful indeed.

Thanks to everyone that's posted so far as well.

But also to quote Nic, i'll start by choosing a mapper me thinks. TBH, this is the first time I've ever considered doing anything like this so, all the advise I can get is very very helpful indeed.

If you want to fit an ECU now to get a bit more out of the NA, then I'd fit an eManage/eManage Ultimate. If/when you do the turbo conversion I'd then sell the eManage on (perhaps to another NA owner) and fit a standalone ECU.

Fitting a full standalone ECU now and getting it mapped for your NA would be expensive and overkill and if/when you did the turbo install you'd need to get it remapped again. Best to check with some of the traders here and gets some prices to work out what the best route would be.