The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kephos surface finishing now available

Chris Wilson

Doe to the logistics of sending delicate and sometimes irreplaceable race car components to one of the very few people in the UK who do Kephos surface finishing I have decided to set up to do it in house, so if anyone needs smallish components doing I can oblige. It's a very thin film etch phosphate balck coating for clean steel components. FIA approved for high end race car structural components as it still alows chemical and X-Ray crack testing. It gives corrosion resistance and a semi gloss black finish to components. Usually less than .001 thick it can be applied to close tolerance components that need subsequent assembly. Common applications are race car suspension components, drive shafts, chassis brackets and steering components. The military and offshore world also use this surface treatment, for parts ranging from gun components to off shore drilling assemblies. The parts need to be bead blasted and de greased clean steel. I will be doing some of my own components so will post some before and after photos in the next few weeks.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/kephos.pdf

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)