The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coolant temp sender

jackso11

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it arrived, and its green. It is the 2 wire clip for one of the temp senders in the top rad pipe.....unfortunatly I need the 1 wire clip :(

Any ideas what the part number for that might be? Its the plug that is right next to the 2 wire one.

Also, I need the 2 wire sender itself....I bust mine getting it out the pipe :( not having much luck!

The connector with two terminals is for the ecu to read the engine coolant temp. The single wire terminal is the sender for the dashboard coolant temp gauge. I have never had to buy either the sender or the connector, so don't know the part numbers. If you have the old connector to hand I can try and ID it off my Toyota wiring loom manual. I need crystal clear large format digital photos of the wire end and the sender end of the plug, taken square on, not something taken with a shaky hand with a camera phone! The sender part number should be available from any Toyota dealer given the VIN plate number, or maybe someone will look it up on their EPC for you.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Thank chris! you are a star.

The housing is the clip for the single wire sender right? I think I will need a new sender for the ecu (the two wire one) as the plug bust off the back of it. Is that the other part number? I will get photos up of my problems :)

I thought you'd already bought the ecu sender connector shell? The last part numbers I posted about are for the single terminal sender, for the gauge, and for one wire repair lead.

I did buy the ecu connector, but the other part has now broken off the sender itself, see pic.

These are the two senders. I need the plug for the end of the wire to plug into the one on the left, and now I need a new ecu sender as you see from the picture this one is broken in half. I have the plug for the wire to plug into that one.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

I did buy the ecu connector, but the other part has now broken off the sender itself, see pic.

These are the two senders. I need the plug for the end of the wire to plug into the one on the left, and now I need a new ecu sender as you see from the picture this one is broken in half. I have the plug for the wire to plug into that one.

You need 90980-11428 Housing

I don't have the part number for the sender unit.

when you say housing, do you mean they are all the plastic plug/housing on the end of the wires that plug in to each of those? Useful list of that is what they are :)

So you have the part number for the temp sender?

I am going to have a go at installing the toyota parts catalogue again later so if I get that working I will put a guide up.

edit...

Ahh, you answered as I was typing :)

I may have a spare Water temp sender in the shed will have to check, will swap for the 2 wire clip you bought in error ;)

Failing that IIRC the part number is stamped on the side of the sender ;)

I am pretty sure they are same terminal repair kits Steve, yes.

Thanks Chris :thumbs: