The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuelpump - Which one? Single or Dual?

Pred

Hey,

i need your opinions. i plan a single turbo upgrade and now i read daily threads threads and threads here on this board ;)

i would drive a t67 turbo and im not sure which fuel pump i should use. i have 2 walbro fuel pumps here but im not sure if i should use this pumps.

i think a single pump would be better. if one pump goes YX§R"F", i dont notice it directly and the engine can maybe damaged :/

what do you think? single or dual? which single pump?

greets from germany

Andi

The guys running single pumps always go with Bosch as far as I know. They flow a LOT of fuel but they are quite noisy.

If you are worried about a pump failure, you would fit a fuel pressure gauge?

think Jamie has changed to 2 x walbro's dude. Iv got 2 x 341's sitting here waiting to go in

if one fails you have the other as backup

think Jamie has changed to 2 x walbro's dude. Iv got 2 x 341's sitting here waiting to go in

if one fails you have the other as backup

That is the problem though, if one fails and you don't know it will run lean.... kabooom.

If you only have 1 and it fails, you coast quietly to the side of the road :D

That is the problem though, if one fails and you don't know it will run lean.... kabooom.

If you only have 1 and it fails, you coast quietly to the side of the road :D

fpr should tell you before it goes boom if you single build is done right, or if you have the MVP triple pump then you have 3 running all is safe :eyebrows::eyebrows:

And anyway get out and drive your car you pansey, trackday @ knockhill 10th Oct. or does all that bodykit and audio slow you down :p

You can read up loads on this, enough to send u crazy!

I think pumps are all down to what size injectors and bhp u want to run and what ecu u have.

I'm aiming for 500rwbhp and am running a single 325lph pump, which is plenty for I need.

However if your wanting to run really big power a 325lph pump is not really going to cope with the demands.

This is why u can then get double/ tripple hangers with multiple pump setups, dependant on what your going for.

A single Bosch 044 would be best for your goals, mount it in tank like stock.

I know lots of people run the 044 in the tank but it was never designed to be used like that, it is an external pump and they do not flow THAT much more than a walboro anyway, if you really want a 044 you should use a swirl pot fed by another pump and mount the 044 externally, im sure there are any number of ecu's that can be configured to shut down if the fuel pressure drops, far more usefull than waiting for oil pressure to hit XXXX amount before firing, ie if the pressure drops below say 40 psi then ign will be cut.

Fuel pressure guage in the car is always a good idea but not cheap to do as you would need a glycerene filled line to the guage in the car.