The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Laserline alarm

lightwave

Hey guys,

I've got a Laserline alarm in my aerotop, and it works fine with the top on or off. But I don't know how to properly operate it.

The remote control has three buttons. The one I use is the one with one little bobble on it on the left. The one that's the same but with lots of bobbles on the right, I don't use and the stripy one at the top I don't use either.

Does anyone else have a Laserline alarm and know what all the functions are? I need to know how to turn it off to change the battery in the car. I don't want it screaming at me.

If it helps, this alarm has an immobiliser thing with two pins that you poke a separate little lump into by the ignition. Am I making any sense? :p

Thanks,

Hi Mate, the button with lots of 'bobbly bit' on should be your panic button, think you've got to press it twice to activate. The stripyb one is for additional features if you've got them installed.

Shouldn't be any probs with taking the battery off. The bit with the the pins on is for when the battery on the keyfob goes down so you can deactivate the alarm.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Which model? A good question. On checking out the installation certificate, I'm pleasantly surprised to find it's a Cat 1 alarm and it's model 291.

I've found a little about it here: http://www.laserlinedirect.com/products.asp

And the one in the picture is what I've got. Those two remotes and those two little pin pokey things.

When the immobiliser kicks in, the red LED next to the ignition flashes and I have to use the pokey pin thing to disarm that. Then, when I put the key in the ignition the LED is solid red, and I have to press the disarm button on the remote to be able to start the car without the alarm blaring!

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has any insights into any other 'functions' of this alarm?

...And thanks for your advice and help btw. :D

Sounds like a similar setup to my 200SX - effectively seperate alarm and immobliser (and a PITA according to Maggie, my girlfriend, although I always found it easy!).

I have a laserline instruction manual that details the functions for lots of their alarms - I'll have a look to see if this one is covered.

(btw, sounds like you've got the same one as me Faye. Have you got a 'quick release' bit attaching the little box to the keyring? Sorta like a concertina thingy that bends all over the place)

Are you sure you have to use the pokey pin thing to kill the immobiliser?

Mine seems to be a 291 as well and to disarm everything after getting petrol for example I just have to turn the key to the acc position and then press the single pip pad on the fob.

Still some messing around but one less PITA to deal with

You get two manuals with these, one for the key end and one for the main unit - predictably I can't find the one for the main unit which is where most of the instructions are. If it turns up I'll scan it for you.

When I picked mine up from JIC I remember pulling in at a pokey little garage with mega queues and sitting in the car not being able to start it after filling up...after setting and unsetting and setting off the alarm a couple of times I got the hang of it:innocent:

After that I RTFM before going anywhere else in it :stupid:

Ooops - it isn't the "acc" position it is the "on" position , the one which turns on all the dash lights but doesn't crank it. :confused:

Anyway I've found the manual and I'll scan it for you tomorrow.

Anyone else wants a copy let me know - I seem to recall I wasn't very successful trying to find one on the 'net myself once before