The mkiv Supra Owners Club

passenger door wont open

dmx75

hello people!! Well for some reason my passenger door has decided to stop opening. It seems the handle inside is either jammed or god knows, i was trying to open the door yesterday for around an hour but i just cant get it open. Does anyone have the same problem or have any idea how to fix it? Any help would be great.:)

Guest Lizzy Borden

Just had a Soarer in with a similar problem. Turned out to be the micro switch on the lock barrel. The wires had become twisted together and frayed. Every time you pulled the handle the door locked, and as soon as you flicked the switch to unlock it just re-locked. (trapped for 2 mins lol)

This happened to me once on another vehicle, the door wouldn't open at all :blink:

I cut through the door striker using a hacksaw blade in the small gap between the door and the rear wing. Minimal damage, the striker was cheap and easy to replace