The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash bulb gone.

Spyda

I have a bulb gone on my dash.

It's the right 3 buttons on the lower aircon bit, where there's 6 buttons.

Is this easy to replace? And where can I get the bulb?!

Would this make a 'bulb out' warning light? I've got a warning on the dash, looks like an orange car with lights coming out the back of it, I'm guessing this is the bulb out warning. Can anyone confirm it?

Cheers,

Hope I made sense!

Adam.

**Edited for spelling correction.

ah this is my specialty!!

to get to that bulb you have to remove that main panel and unclip everything and then undo the 3 screws that holds the heater panel in. Open the heater panel part up, there are 4 screws (3 are obvious and the other is on the side which screws into the pcb) then lift up that section, there are 2 clips either side that needs to be apart for it to lift off, then unclip the pot and peel back the pcb (2 small clips either side) and then you have access to the bulbs so remove the one thats gone!!

I have spare bulbs if you need one, i think otherwise you will have to go to toyota as the bulb is wired around the base so its not just pull out old bulb and plug back in a new one.

with regards to the warning that you are getting i havent seen this myself, be surprised if it is linked though.. can only change it and see if it goes out.

thanks a lot mate :)

The bulb that illuminates the temperature setting dial has gone on mine I have had all of the dash apart and got the old one out etc.

Also, I have no full beam indication/warning working on my dash. I assume that this is another blown bulb, but I havent found out where it is and what type of bulb this is any ideas??

cheers,

Red.

yep there is a seperate bulb for the full beam light, if you pm me your address i will get those 2 bulbs off to you.

Full beam bulb you have to take the gauge cluster out via 4 screws and the 3 connectors on the back of it, once you have taken the panels away as i wont come out until they are off,

Then just take out that bulb and fit in the new one.

Called in at my local Toyota on the way home from work.

Got chatting to the guy, he complimented me on how nice my car looked.

He then proceeded to say, "I was going along the M20 the other day in a Celica, and one of those, (pointing at my car), went past me like I was standing still."

To which I replied, "Oh yeah, what colour was it?"

"Same as yours" says he...

:innocent:

And he's supposed to know all there is about Toyota's and their colour!

:stupid:

BYE.

Adam

(Ferrari Blue Supra)

• 1 year later...
i will sort that out for you, (which one is it?) and the window switch, i think i can come down in a couple of weeks.

It's position 1 on the fan control, usually it's off when the headlights are on and comes on when you turn the headlights off!!

Ooh yeah, smaller LED for the window switch! Completely forgot I even had an auto-down option!! :D