The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 speed gearbox oil leak

cookie

Cookie. I had a similar problem when I first bought mine. The oil seal at the rear of the gearbox is a servicable item and I managed to get my local Toyota dealer to replace it after a bit of hassle.

Alternatively Chris Wilson should be able to do this for you.

cool!.Iused to work at toyota main dealer a good few years ago and the rule we had to work to was that we was not allowed to touch the gearbox on the mk4 supras the box had to be sent away to germany or somthing like.

will be ringing the main dealer tomorrows

Took it to Derby Toyota today,they told me it was the rear oil seal 28 quid for the seal 270 fitted.This was better than I expected I then spoke to the guy who looked at it and he said it was only weeping slightly and not worth doing.

think im still going to get it done.but im not panicing as much now

Originally posted by cookie

Took it to Derby Toyota today,they told me it was the rear oil seal 28 quid for the seal 270 fitted.This was better than I expected I then spoke to the guy who looked at it and he said it was only weeping slightly and not worth doing.

think im still going to get it done.but im not panicing as much now

242 quid labour...? Hmm, I must revise my prices I think ;)