The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TTC mode help

trinitom

today i decided to run in TTC mode.

i found that the car made 1.2 bar :rolleyes: with 1.0 RR is that normal?

another thing is i can only get full boost at 4200/300 rpm, i don't know if this is normal but i see many people talking about 4000 rpm full boost.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the sequential mode 2nd turbo coming late! doesn't the TTC bypass all VSV's?!!

can any one point me in the right direction?

Cant help im afraid... However I wonder how TTC mode affects the surviveability of the 5 speed box. Hope its not too much torque for it at once....:taped:

me to, but i need so sort my 2nd turbo coming late problem!

unfortunilly there is no help on this forum!!

try to sort it myself.

thanks anyway!

today i decided to run in TTC mode.

i found that the car made 1.2 bar :rolleyes: with 1.0 RR is that normal?

another thing is i can only get full boost at 4200/300 rpm, i don't know if this is normal but i see many people talking about 4000 rpm full boost.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the sequential mode 2nd turbo coming late! doesn't the TTC bypass all VSV's?!!

can any one point me in the right direction?

Welcome to the TTC boost spike. Enjoy your lean fuel mix and detonation.

-Ian

If you are sure that you want to stay in TTC, go for the hardwired solution. No turning back... :cool:

I am running in TTC with all valves hardwired opened. All vsv's are removed. All butterflies removed.

See description below.

Running with a blitz boostcontroller I do NOT have any boost spikes and the car does NOT run lean at any rpm. I will go AEM II to get more out the twins. Single is planned but takes time to get the $$.

I used the description from supraforums.com: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199001&highlight=mtr+ttc

TTC setup:

I know secret sauce sounds pretty gay but thats what people started to call it in Gainesville so it kinda stuck. In G-ville there are about 5 or 6 stock twin cars that always cruise and run against each other. I used to be one of them. The races were always close which was a problem for me, so I needed an edge over the competition. After talking to some people and doing some research I deciced to attempt these mods to see if they could possibly give me that edge I was looking for. I am not going to gaurentee anything with these mods other than after I had them all in my turbo's "seemed" like they would spool faster, come on stronger, and felt quicker than before. I kinda kept quiet about some of these mods in the past but now that I have the single on I don't mind helping my competition out. So if you are like me and are looking for a few extra hp out of your stock twins in TTC before you go single you might want to give this a shot.

1. Wastegate Spring Mod - a lot of people are now putting this on their car and realizing that its worth its weight in gold. Boost will hold rock solid to redline, even in hotter weather. I bought that spring in a pack of 5 carburator return springs at the local discount auto. That one is the stiffest in the pack, and you have to bend your own ends to it. Loop one end around the wastegate lever arm and the other in the extra hole on the waterpump. This will stop the exhaust gasses from pulling the wastegate open a concept a lot of people don't understand and think they need a new wastegate or boost controller.

2. #2 Turbo Pipe Mod - remove the butterfly in the pipe coming off the second turbo. Then take a digrinder and remove the aluminum arc that went around that butterfly. Also get the hole where the bullerflys rod came out of the side welded up. Now another thing that you can do is take the middle plate with the openings in it and swap it out with solid piece that you can make out of 1/8 inch aluminum. This is the piece in the picture with the gaskets and crappy blue sealant on it. This plate that goes on top that makes it so the air doesnt have to occupy the extra area in the upper part. Also makes things less turbulant.

3. EGCV Mod - Take out the stock EGCV butterfly and replace it with a straight through design. You can just take a screwdriver with a hammer and bash out the butterfly but that leaves the rod which I also wanted removed. The reason why you need to make an entire new piece is because the stock one is made of ceramic. And since you can't weld ceramic, you would have two large holes in your exhaust. I made mine myself on a lathe out of a piece of temp resistant steel. This will increase the crosssectional area of the #2 turbos exhaust by over 30%. Kinda a pain to install but I found it to be worth it.

Edited by boomstick (see edit history)

If you are sure that you want to stay in TTC, go for the hardwired solution. No turning back... :cool:

I am running in TTC with all valves hardwired opened. All vsv's are removed. All butterflies removed.

See description below.

Running with a blitz boostcontroller I do NOT have any boost spikes and the car does NOT run lean at any rpm. I will go AEM II to get more out the twins. Single is planned but takes time to get the $$.

I used the description from supraforums.com: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199001&highlight=mtr+ttc

TTC setup:

I know secret sauce sounds pretty gay but thats what people started to call it in Gainesville so it kinda stuck. In G-ville there are about 5 or 6 stock twin cars that always cruise and run against each other. I used to be one of them. The races were always close which was a problem for me, so I needed an edge over the competition. After talking to some people and doing some research I deciced to attempt these mods to see if they could possibly give me that edge I was looking for. I am not going to gaurentee anything with these mods other than after I had them all in my turbo's "seemed" like they would spool faster, come on stronger, and felt quicker than before. I kinda kept quiet about some of these mods in the past but now that I have the single on I don't mind helping my competition out. So if you are like me and are looking for a few extra hp out of your stock twins in TTC before you go single you might want to give this a shot.

1. Wastegate Spring Mod - a lot of people are now putting this on their car and realizing that its worth its weight in gold. Boost will hold rock solid to redline, even in hotter weather. I bought that spring in a pack of 5 carburator return springs at the local discount auto. That one is the stiffest in the pack, and you have to bend your own ends to it. Loop one end around the wastegate lever arm and the other in the extra hole on the waterpump. This will stop the exhaust gasses from pulling the wastegate open a concept a lot of people don't understand and think they need a new wastegate or boost controller.

2. #2 Turbo Pipe Mod - remove the butterfly in the pipe coming off the second turbo. Then take a digrinder and remove the aluminum arc that went around that butterfly. Also get the hole where the bullerflys rod came out of the side welded up. Now another thing that you can do is take the middle plate with the openings in it and swap it out with solid piece that you can make out of 1/8 inch aluminum. This is the piece in the picture with the gaskets and crappy blue sealant on it. This plate that goes on top that makes it so the air doesnt have to occupy the extra area in the upper part. Also makes things less turbulant.

3. EGCV Mod - Take out the stock EGCV butterfly and replace it with a straight through design. You can just take a screwdriver with a hammer and bash out the butterfly but that leaves the rod which I also wanted removed. The reason why you need to make an entire new piece is because the stock one is made of ceramic. And since you can't weld ceramic, you would have two large holes in your exhaust. I made mine myself on a lathe out of a piece of temp resistant steel. This will increase the crosssectional area of the #2 turbos exhaust by over 30%. Kinda a pain to install but I found it to be worth it.

Thats how i ran mine for a couple of years, with both std and hybrid turbos, never had any lean AFR or det issues, was running EMU but even so needed no richening, in fact quite the opposite.

Thats how i ran mine for a couple of years, with both std and hybrid turbos, never had any lean AFR or det issues, was running EMU but even so needed no richening, in fact quite the opposite.

You're an exception, we already know that :p

Actually you know I posted up those example datalogs last time this came up? Did you have a look at them? I'd like to see your logs around the 3000 to 4500rpm area with a large bootful going on, see if we can get to the bottom of this once and for all :)

-Ian

You're an exception, we already know that :p

Actually you know I posted up those example datalogs last time this came up? Did you have a look at them? I'd like to see your logs around the 3000 to 4500rpm area with a large bootful going on, see if we can get to the bottom of this once and for all :)

-Ian

Yes i did look and i did try and hunt some of my old logs out but i guess i deleted them when i went single, or i would have posted them up, but i considered it was pointless to comment further without physical proof.

So i am happy to be an exception.