The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new toy

LeeT

i got bored sitting around this weekend so went out and bought a mitsi gto. an N/A so i can throw it around a bit

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/newtoy1.JPG

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/newtoy3.JPG

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/newtoy2.JPG

Originally posted by mcanny

Looks as though your free time would have been better spent tidying the front garden - cheaper too :)

LMFAO, I was gonna say there's plenty of toys in there, no need to buy a GTO :D

They always do sit high for some reason, don't they have active suspension?? or is it just the rear wing I'm thinking of??

Originally posted by mcanny

Looks as though your free time would have been better spent tidying the front garden - cheaper too :)

Looks like a nice example, suspension sits very high though, is that normal?

oi, leave my front garden alone. kids toys everywhere, they fill up my garage as well.

suspension is a bit high but all the cars i looked at were the same. i might lower it one day if i can be bothered. all my moneys being spent on the supe at the moment.

anyone know what wheels they are? they are carbon fibre spokes and supposed to be polished rims but are a bit dull at the moment

Originally posted by tbourner

I've always liked the look of the GTO, always thought they looked a bit wide though what's it like size wise compared to the supe?

it actually looks bigger than the supe but when side by side my supra dwarfs it. i will post a pic side by side in a minute.

it drives nice and it is actually front wheel drive, handles really well. i believe the active suspension is the twin turbo only and yes it only firms the damping up not lowers it:)

Originally posted by cashpoint

let me guess non of the cars fit in the garage....... even when it's empty.

wish i had that problem....bored what shall i do i know i'll buy a car.:(

spot on with the garage. its full of toys and bmw parts anyway. why do they bother building garages that size and put a pillar exactly where you open the door:(

Guest Jamie

I've never been the GTO's greatest fan, but they do have a kind of mean look to them.....and they do have pop up headlights which is always very cool.

It's strange really because I've noticed a couple on the roads recenlty, and I hadn't seen any about for ages. If you don't mind me asking, how much did u pick it up for?

Cheers

Jamie

Originally posted by dude

Lee sell it and go get your turbo kit , they are piles of poohh , i only worked on one a while ago , horrible cars !!!!:eek:

dude:flame Dev

dont worry mate, im still getting the turbo kit. :) ideally looking to do the turbo in late summer so now i have another car whilst supes off the road

SEB... its definitely front wheel drive. i think you'll find they are all 4 wheel steer not 4 wheel drive

Originally posted by Seb

Leett, I know you have one, and I don't want to seem arrogant or anything, but I can guarantee 100% that all GTOs/3000GTs have both 4 wheel steer and permanent 4 wheel drive, somewhere around the 45/55 split.

Seb

your making ME wonder now, when i was looking there was a few that said FWD in the adverts and they were all n/a so just assumed. i will have closer look tomorrow but the gtouk forums said (im fairly sure) that it was only the turbos that were 4WD. it will be an added bonus if it is. i will let you know:)