The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19x9 ET20 front wheel? fitment?

Pred

Here is my old rims, 19 x 9.5 +20

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2789551968_ece2e1fc2d_b.jpg

the 1st set of rims are one the best looking set i seen for ages, sorry i not a fan of multispoke, id love set them what are they and what sizes can you get them in?

You won't get away with that in this country mate, unless you mod the arches. It is against the law to have wheels protruding from them.

You won't get away with that in this country mate, unless you mod the arches. It is against the law to have wheels protruding from them.

You will notice im not in your country, im in Australia. Its still illegal here, but thats the last thing they would worry about here. It be teh single, external with screamer pipe, pod filter, fixed bucket seat, too loud, too low etc etc. I think in the UK to have a car rego you must pass all these first? Well in Australia, its much easier, rego can be done online :p

Handling is fine for the street, but at the end of the day, I drive the car very normal on the street, as getting pulled over for speeding can then result in the defects mentioned above, but drive normally the policia will be fine. I have my track 17" rims for when I go to the track and really let loose.

Actually you will, the law states that the tread must be covered, so with streched tyres its quite legal to have the wheel sticking out of the arch as long as the tread is covered.

You will notice im not in your country, im in Australia. Its still illegal here, but thats the last thing they would worry about here. It be teh single, external with screamer pipe, pod filter, fixed bucket seat, too loud, too low etc etc. I think in the UK to have a car rego you must pass all these first? Well in Australia, its much easier, rego can be done online :p

Handling is fine for the street, but at the end of the day, I drive the car very normal on the street, as getting pulled over for speeding can then result in the defects mentioned above, but drive normally the policia will be fine. I have my track 17" rims for when I go to the track and really let loose.

I aimed that at sams, it says he's in Linconshire.

Actually you will, the law states that the tread must be covered, so with streched tyres its quite legal to have the wheel sticking out of the arch as long as the tread is covered.

Rubbish, if that was the case all race cars would run them stretched.

You're half right, yes the tread has to be under the arch, but the wheel cannot protrude more than 30mm, otherwise it's illegal.

Rubbish, if that was the case all race cars would run them stretched.

No because you would want to do it on a race car because you wouldn't want to reduce contact patch by running narrower tyres than your rim and you wouldn't want the weight of a larger rim to purposefully stretch the tyre.

Its is a FACT though that strecthing a tyre increases the roll stiffness, I was taught this as part of my Automotive engineering degree in the Chassis and dynamics 3rd year lectures. We were presented with a series of test data which I think was taken by Dunlop on the subject.

Think about it, its quite logical that it would just as a lower profile tyres roll less than higher profile tyres of the same construction

Stretching tyres increases the roll stiffnes of the tyre, so its probably better. If a little bumpy

and great for an elastic band type breakaway on a Supra. Been there and not going back lol.

I also used 11" rear on my Z with 275's which were well stretched, PS2's handling was pure awful. A race tyre is designed to be stretched in fitment, but road radials rarely are. Hence why the makers usually give a rim size guide on their web site's.