The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fleabay n/a double decat.

Dave_SZ-R

What do you folks make of this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-MK4-N-A-Non-Turbo-DE-CAT-pipe-2-Section_W0QQitemZ260370090401QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260370090401&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

How much difference could there be between this and Whifbitz's £246 decat for the n/a? I know people have had issues with cheap, poor fitting manifolds, isnt a decat really just a pipe to replace the cats?

Also, is the info about sensors in the ad accurate?

Cheers, Dave.

If it's a used item and has been fitted to a RHD NA then there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Just make sure they confirm in writing that it fitted without issue.

Comparing to the Whifbitz exhaust you'd need to check the grade of steel used and the pipe diameters. Obviously new is generally going to cost a lot more than a 2nd hand item off ebay. Only longevity and fitment are the open questions.

If it's a used item and has been fitted to a RHD NA then there shouldn't be a problem with it.

Just make sure they confirm in writing that it fitted without issue.

Comparing to the Whifbitz exhaust you'd need to check the grade of steel used and the pipe diameters. Obviously new is generally going to cost a lot more than a 2nd hand item off ebay. Only longevity and fitment are the open questions.

Just emailed the seller asking all the important questions! The bids seem to have shot up since I posted on here... strange that! :D

i emailed the guy the other day and he said it was the only decat in the uk for the n\a supra and something along the lines of expecting around £400 to £500 for it i thought im out sorry if you type supra decat in ebay there on that they say blitz front pipe or something theres pics for first and second cat could try that

ive got a chris wilson decat pipe for the front cat and the cat sensor is just cabletied up under the car been on two years and no prob i paid £140 for mine and it was a pig to fit took three hours at my mates garage.

i had the rear cat removed when i had the exhaust built.

I'd advise not buying it. It may be cheap now, but once a year you are going to have to remove it and put the cats back in for the MOT, one failed manifold bolt and that saving will disappear. A two part decat pipe-set, like the ones Chris Wilson sells are much easier to swap about.

I'd advise not buying it. It may be cheap now, but once a year you are going to have to remove it and put the cats back in for the MOT, one failed manifold bolt and that saving will disappear. A two part decat pipe-set, like the ones Chris Wilson sells are much easier to swap about.

Im really contemplating going for a CW or Whifbitz item over this. Also been talking to Nic, who informs me that his manifold actually replaces the front or 1st cat as well, although he would require afew more interested members before getting some made and getting prices. Any n/a owners fancying a lovely new manifold? Gonna start a thread to guage interest. Have a look at these, sent to me by Nic:

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

man6.jpg