The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seatbelt & New Seats

Digger009

I have just fitted some leather front seats, and a new drivers side seatbelt and now my car wont start!!!

When my dad was helping me, he accidentally pulled the wires out of the seatbelt mechanism. I kinda thought its probs just for the warning light, but now I'm not sure.

Is there anyone else had this kind of problem before?

sounds unusual, a lot of people on here run non Toyota seats and i ripped all the loom out for the seats on mine with no detriment, when you say it wont start do you mean its just goes click or it actually cranks but wont fire, i think the first thing to do is check all the fuses

The wierd thing is that of the centre lights, only one ever worked, the passengers side one, even after changing the bulbs. Now they both work!! I'll try and charge the battery tomorrow, could well be that as I had the stereo on as a bit of entertainment and its a 7" touch screen pioneer, so probably drank a bit off the battery.

Hope its that, other wise I'm gonna have to take the car apart again.