The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An expensive lunch..

Stratty

As the sun was shining yesterday, I decided to take the Supe out for a spin.

The missus suggested that we go out for lunch also, so we hopped into the car and drove off.

After driving around for half an hour trying to find somewhere to eat, we found a beach-side cafe with plenty of parking so i decided to turn in..

Oh what a mistake.. :badidea:

The car park had a seperate entrance and exit so I didn't actually see that they had a 'Mount Everest' hump at the exit.

Due to the layout of the car park it wasn't as simple as just driving out through the way I came in so I had to try my best to get over the hump.

I approached it slowly and heard a slight SCRATCH....

Ah, this isn't too bad I thought...

The front wheel then attempted to go over the hump and on the way down I heard SCCCRRATTCCHH... CRACK !!! :eek:

All I could do was continue over the hump (with exhaust grinding away) and inspect the damage afterwards.

I got home to find that my sideskirt was now a completely different shape than before and my drivers door doesn't open properly without the side skirt being lifted away from the bodywork. :(

So what should have been a nice 'cheap' lunch with the missus turned out to be a costly experience.

A lesson has been learned though...

Next time, take her car..... ;)

As the sun was shining yesterday, I decided to take the Supe out for a spin.

The missus suggested that we go out for lunch also, so we hopped into the car and drove off.

After driving around for half an hour trying to find somewhere to eat, we found a beach-side cafe with plenty of parking so i decided to turn in..

Oh what a mistake.. :badidea:

The car park had a seperate entrance and exit so I didn't actually see that they had a 'Mount Everest' hump at the exit.

Due to the layout of the car park it wasn't as simple as just driving out through the way I came in so I had to try my best to get over the hump.

I approached it slowly and heard a slight SCRATCH....

Ah, this isn't too bad I thought...

The front wheel then attempted to go over the hump and on the way down I heard SCCCRRATTCCHH... CRACK !!! :eek:

All I could do was continue over the hump (with exhaust grinding away) and inspect the damage afterwards.

I got home to find that my sideskirt was now a completely different shape than before and my drivers door doesn't open properly without the side skirt being lifted away from the bodywork. :(

So what should have been a nice 'cheap' lunch with the missus turned out to be a costly experience.

A lesson has been learned though...

Next time, take her car..... ;)

Nasty mate. Those sounds are every proud drivers nightmare. Is your car a veilside nosed one too? Thats what I have. C2 style.

Nasty mate. Those sounds are every proud drivers nightmare. Is your car a veilside nosed one too? Thats what I have. C2 style.

Yup....

Veilside nose and sideskirts.

I wasn't too bothered about the nose as I plan to replace it with a Do-Luck one in the near future, but the damaged sideskirts I could really have done without.

The car is at the panel-beaters today as they are fitting some spats for me and he reckons it will cost over £300 to fix and respray the sideskirts.. :(