The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M.O.T changes

SupraD06

found out some interesting news today, apparently starting at the end of this month you cannot have ANY logo on your registration plate other than the standard GB logo, mate of mine failed his M.O.T today and they told him he will need to change his plates at some point soon. they also said you MUST have the company name of where you had yours from on the bottom of the plate, i asked him to ask the guy about my sticker reg plate ive just put on my Do-Luck bumper and that illegal too. he has a peugeot logo on his plate and they said it had to go, and logos ghosted into the background are a no-no aswell.

If not has everyone with a pre 2000 ish car had new plates made to comply? me thinks not...

from what i heard i think it means if you went out tomorrow and got a plate they are going to try and stop ghosting and logos on plates its not compulsory to have the GB logo but it is the only one you can have, what ever plates came as stock will obviously be fine, and same with the company logo on the bottom this is only required if its a new plate.

the "company name" is not actually what has to be there

it has to have a BS standard number on the bottom of the plate to state that it complies with standards so the old bill can pull you and see its a proper plate

there also stopping cars have double row or square numberplates as they cant be propery recognised by PNRS and speed cammeras

found out some interesting news today, apparently starting at the end of this month you cannot have ANY logo on your registration plate other than the standard GB logo, mate of mine failed his M.O.T today and they told him he will need to change his plates at some point soon. they also said you MUST have the company name of where you had yours from on the bottom of the plate, i asked him to ask the guy about my sticker reg plate ive just put on my Do-Luck bumper and that illegal too. he has a peugeot logo on his plate and they said it had to go, and logos ghosted into the background are a no-no aswell.

This has been the law for some time now, standard plates with standard lettering, no logo's, background logo's or funky fonts. The only way your supposed to be able to get plates made these days is by taking your reg certificat, MOT and god knows what else to somewhere like Halrfords etc, and they make a bog standard plate, and thats it. Its only cause companies on the internet still exist that they make these plates, but as show plates. Stick on plates have also been ilegal for sometime now, I removed mine 2 years ago.......:cool: