The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mmmmm... shiny delivery!

cheekymonkey

My plxdevices.com stuff arrived today. All really well packaged and very shiny as well!

I have the display unit with remote, EGT sensor, Wideband o2 sensor, and fluid temp for oil.

Now, I need some advice - where can I go to get this stuff properly fitted? I want it done well and don't mind paying.

CW won't touch it and I haven't heard back from Turbofit so beginning to get worried now!!

James

PICT0018.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0020.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

PICT00222.JPG

PICT0021.JPG

Not too sure - I may ask him again. He said something about not liking Jap stuff as it's so badly documented, but this is from the USA and seems to come with fairly good docs and support.

Any other suggestions welcome!

You are kind of in uncharted territory here.

A lot of these trick faddy electical gizmos can turn into a nightmare to configure, especially if the tech support is in another country and the devices are relatively new.

It's like a Cisco IP phone I'm playing with at the moment. The first one will take me a few hours to figure out and upgrade etc. That's OK because I know I'll end up selling a load in the future so I don't mind investing the time to figure it all out. Not sure how many more of these we'll see over here.

You are kind of in uncharted territory here.

A lot of these trick faddy electical gizmos can turn into a nightmare to configure, especially if the tech support is in another country and the devices are relatively new.

That's fine - I am technical and can figure out any configuration myself, it's just the *fitting* I need done. I am at home with electronics and soldering irons but not welders and drills :D

• 4 weeks later...
Did you get these fitted or are you still waiting?

Everything's on hold at the moment due to last month's damage but funnily enough I had a play with the kit yesterday. Hooked up to 12v on my bench and the display is lovely, really clear and bright, but can't say what it's like in sunshine yet.

Once the car is sorted bodywork wide it's going to CW and he's going to fit the sensors for me, then I'll wire in the boxes.

Still need to decide where to mount the display though - it's 52mm, was going to mount it in the clock hole but that's 60mm :(