The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Suspension

RobDogg

I need to replace a rear shock absorber on my 93 n/a as it has a leak. I am not too clued up on the mechanical side of things so I need some help as my backside is as bouncy as Vanessa Feltz's you just slap it and ride the wave! I have got standard shocks on with Eibach springs and it does sit really low at the moment. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with estimated costs as well.

Please correct if this is wrong

Option 1

Replace standard shock on both sides (I beleive it is best to do both?) and use existing Eibach springs

Option 2

Replace all 4 shocks and use exisiting Eibach springs

Option 3

Can I just replace the rear with coilovers or do I need to replace the fronts at the same time. Am I right in thinking that if I get coilovers I don't need my Eibach springs?

Could someone please suggest where I can get the parts as well and which brand, price etc. The roads round my way are quite bumpy so I don't particulary want rock hard suspension. I could also do without spending a fortune as well as Im saving for Vegas but it needs doing as the handling is going down hill fast.

Couple of options...

If money is an issue, get a new set of dampers for the rear (stocks or bilsteins) and fit them yourself, not an overly difficult job and can pretty much be done in a few hours.

Option 1

Replace standard shock on both sides (I beleive it is best to do both?) and use existing Eibach springs

Option 2

Replace all 4 shocks and use exisiting Eibach springs

Option 3

Can I just replace the rear with coilovers or do I need to replace the fronts at the same time. Am I right in thinking that if I get coilovers I don't need my Eibach springs?

1. Cheap and easy (but do both rears)

2. Probably the better option since they will all be new

3. Yup, coilovers will replace springs as well.

Whichever way you go, get the car in for a tracking check after fitment.