The mkiv Supra Owners Club

front lights misting up

sl8ter

To be honest mate, nothing really apart from refurbing them there is loads of threads about it do a search. However if your seals are ok it maybe a hole where the bulbs are.

Or conact Jon (gzaerojon) in the traders section he can refurb them. Check the link in my sig.

Guest gzaerojon

it can be a bit of a pain with steaming up, there's a lot of things that cause this.

first i would check the headlight bulbs/fog light cap and sidelight stalk as all these things have a rubber 0 ring fitted, as soon as the rubber gets split or pinched they can let in moisture.

Also a common thing people do is buy bulbs from halfords that don't fit (UK bulbs have larger centres) and then trim them down to make them fit, this then removes the 0 ring and can let in moisture, i would try smearing a little Vaseline around each rubber 0 ring to help the rubber seal.

if you get no joy then if you can send them here i can re seal them for you :)

I've got UK lights and looking at the back of the units out of the car, there are vent/drain hole in the base. So messing about with seals on the bulbs isn't going to do much. Probably condensation. Do you use a jet wash that's been spraying water around the engine compartment?

I've just done the j-spec headlight refurb, and quite predictably within two days there was a huge amount of condensation inside. :(

I bought a spare pair to refurb because I use the supe as a daily driver. The "new" light I put on has this hole, whereas the light that came originally with the car didn't. Should this hole be sealed (i.e. as opposed to my poor sealing skills or not putting the bulbs back in tight, could this be the source of my problem?)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2924/0703091450cp0.jpg

Thanks.

On my puma there is a little tube that appears to allow heated air into the headlights, i assume it is heated air as they occasionally mist up but clear within minutes of starting the car.

Is there anyway of adapting this principle to the supra headlights?

PS - I too have a misty passenger light :(

I've just done the j-spec headlight refurb, and quite predictably within two days there was a huge amount of condensation inside. :(

I bought a spare pair to refurb because I use the supe as a daily driver. The "new" light I put on has this hole, whereas the light that came originally with the car didn't. Should this hole be sealed (i.e. as opposed to my poor sealing skills or not putting the bulbs back in tight, could this be the source of my problem?)

[qimg]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2924/0703091450cp0.jpg[/qimg]

Thanks.

on my lights the hole has a rubber tube with a bend in it and like a mesh stuff inside it

i just took mine off and reseald them they looked spot on for about 10mins and hey presto they are misted up again :(

Guest gzaerojon
on my lights the hole has a rubber tube with a bend in it and like a mesh stuff inside it

i just took mine off and reseald them they looked spot on for about 10mins and hey presto they are misted up again :(

hi mate, if you're able to send it here i'll seal it for you

i won't charge as long as you cover postage :)

• 2 weeks later...