The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified MkIII TT Manual For Sale (JZA70 Model, 1JZ-GTE Engine)

tDR

The time has come to sell my beloved 1JZ-GTE engined MkIII Supra :( - I have a daily commuter 406 TD and since I got another MkIV TT also, the MkIII just doesn't get used. I think I've done about 1,000 miles since I imported it myself nearly a year and a half ago! It really is a classic and a collectors piece given the low numbers of these cars in existence - It was Import only and I know of around 10 in the UK, many being auto's and none being black Bomex Aero kitted manuals! :D

It runs 11psi boost (could do more but I'd rather not push the standard Turbos) and the butt dyno tells me it makes around 350bhp like this. Both Getrag on this forum and his m8 have been out for a spin in it if you'd like confirmation of how it goes :D

It's in excellent condition, has 11 months MOT, no tax, has covered 72,000 miles in it's life and is located near Livingston, Central Scotland, about 30 mins drive from Edinburgh. Full Spec is:

- JZA70 Model (Late '91 'J' Registration) with 5-Speed Manual Transmission

- 1JZ-GTE Engine (2.5 Litre Straight 6 Cylinder with Parallel Twin Turbo's, Father to the 2JZ-GTE in the MkIV and is hugely similar with the same legendary strength & reliability)

- Bomex Aerokit (Front bumper, skirts, rear spats)

- HKS FMIC (Type R)

- Tein HA Spec Coilovers

- HKS Twin Plate Clutch (Just overhauled with new plates around 250 miles ago)

- Mechanical LSD (Unknown make, but locks well)

- Blitz Access ECU (Programmed for current mods)

- Kakimoto Exhaust (3" Stainless, quality on a par with the Blitz Nur spec and dare I say it - sounds better )

- Endless Brake Setup (Slotted discs and uprated pads all round)

- Blitz SBC-ID Electronic Boost Controller

- Blitz Power Meter-ID (Pairs with the EBC for increased functionality)

- Blitz SUS Induction kit

- Recaro Bucket Seat (Drivers side)

- Cusco Strut Braces (Front and Rear)

- 17" 'Jim Head' Alloys

- 'Personal' Steering Wheel

- RAZO Shift Knob

Serviced twice by ourselves in the last year and a half using Silkolene Pro S 10W 50 fully synth oil.

Looking for £4,950 ONO. Excellent alternative to buying an NA MkIV :)

Drop me an email [email protected] if interested and we can arrange viewing.

Here's some pics from a recent photoshoot I did of my two Supras:

dude that actually looks very nice, not a fan of the mkiii but thats sweet, best colour too! Good luck with the sale

Thanks Graham, many people seem to find it strangely appealing! :)

I always loved them since I was a kid so had to have one.

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers m8! What's the deal with Arnout - is he buying up every 1JZ going??!?

Well thats the impression he's give me the last 2 years Brian lol

think they are commanding big money on europe now. I know the last one that went in Dublin was for around 8K euro. Think the drift scene here has pushed them to the fore becuase of there rarity and tuneability :-)

lol cheers Hamish :)

DB - I know what you mean, and I agree I'd much rather have my MkIII 1JZ TT than an NA MkIV. All I meant by that reference is really price wise, those considering a MkIV NA might wanna consider one of these because as standard they're not far off a MkIV TT performance wise :) This particular one is safely tuned to suprise BPU MkIV's :D

The Kakimoto exhaust came with the car but did a quick search and it looks like this one available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kakimoto-TF1315-Single-Exhaust-Systems/dp/B000F0PNPW/sr=1-6/qid=1158602518/ref=sr_1_6/102-7943695-6679357?ie=UTF8&m=A3TYWMHL1EBP1B&s=automotive

Tom - I can't tell you what a standard one feels like to drive but can tell you mine feels a lot like my MkIV to drive steering wise. I can corner quicker in the MkIII just now (and I don't hang about in either down a country road) but that's likely because of it's decent suspension setup compared to an unoptimised Koni / Eibach combination on my MkIV with ride height too low.

In terms of how it goes, you can tell the engine is naturally more rev happy (than the 2JZ-GTE). The power delivery is more classic turbocharged car - you think this is quite fast......... BLOODY HELL WHERE'D THAT EXTRA POWER COME FROM!!?!?! And then you're grabbing the next gear to stay in the power band and keep the grin on your face :)

The weight is very similar to the MkIV at around 1,500KG.

Cheers,

Brian.

The 1jz turbo''s also run in parallel and not sequential so boost is almost instant. 280BHP out of the box and the 2.5l Engine characteristics are well matched to the r154 5 speed. Torsen LSD is one of the best out there.

In standard form they sit quite easily in Jap mkiv TT land. The mk3 has a more driver oriented feel and feedback to it. Its still my favourite driving car outta all the Supra's hence i turned one into an animal of a car lol.

The 1jz isnt hard to tune to compete with some of the better mkiv singles either. Engine reponds well to the gt35r single upgrade, fueling is a simple swap with 550'cc injectors and resistor pack along with the usual pump and AFPR, and the emanage Blue is fitted basically like the 2jzgte install.

The thing about his car is its uniqueness, and thats why the mk3 is becoming the popular and sought after Supra model. All the shit is finally disappearing and the only good examples being left on the roads. Also, in the background the mk3 community has moved on from basic tuning upgrades, and the big power cars are no longer confined to the US of A

What is the mk3 like to drive etc??? I've been out in some VERY quick ones but never been behind the wheel, is the steering nicer? handle well? how much do they weigh too?

Weight wise I think the 3 and 4 are much of a muchness dependent on spec to actual weight (the limited 3's are better specced and hence a few pounds heavier). Mine has Tems, I have had an N/A on stock suspension and a TT on eibach/bilstein/trd roll bar suspension. The tems (stock suspension on a limited 3) on sport setup feels stiffer than the N/A but not as stiff as the TT. Directional control on my 3 is better than on my N/A for one reason only and thats the effect the extra power has in helping you push the car through corners, over the setup on the TT 4 I had theres no competition.

Do you want me to stick a link to this ad on the mark 3 board chap??

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.