The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Auto Box On A J-Spec

terribleturner

i was under the impression that the box is the same its the diff that is different on the UK spec, i think it only becomes an issue when you put the UK diff in a JDM car as you would need the drive shaft but the gearbox itself would fit in either, i am not 100% on this though

i have a uk lsd in my jdm facelift that was not a straight swop was about a inch or so different and would not line up.got it fitted in end guy modified a bit.also i have a spare uk auto box.there is a a slight difference onplug that measures speed i think jdm has 17 cogs and uk had 18 if i remember right.been a long time since i had box out.

never had any other thing changed.well had the uk gearbox pump inside uk box swopped into my jdm box as the jap pump failed on me.

can you not take lots of pics of box for future reference

i have a uk lsd in my jdm facelift that was not a straight swop was about a inch or so different and would not line up.got it fitted in end guy modified a bit.also i have a spare uk auto box.there is a a slight difference onplug that measures speed i think jdm has 17 cogs and uk had 18 if i remember right.been a long time since i had box out.

never had any other thing changed.well had the uk gearbox pump inside uk box swopped into my jdm box as the jap pump failed on me.

can you not take lots of pics of box for future reference

yep the UK auto LSD is the same size as the jap manual Diff. You would have needed to change the RHS driveshaft and should have changed the rear half of the prop to a shorter piece.

struggling to figure this out from the manual Lee, does the drive shaft flange have to come off or is it a case of splitting the speed sensor housing off the box

i'll take a pic for you at the weekend but basically, you just remove the sensor and the plastic cogs come out with it which can then be removed. You do not have to touch anything like the prop shaft flange. There is only 2 or 3 bolts holding the sensor in.

i'll take a pic for you at the weekend but basically, you just remove the sensor and the plastic cogs come out with it which can then be removed. You do not have to touch anything like the prop shaft flange. There is only 2 or 3 bolts holding the sensor in.

thanks Lee, yeah i think i've sussed it page AT-100 in the manual shows a driven gear on the end of number 1 speed sensor, cheers mate

thanks Lee, yeah i think i've sussed it page AT-100 in the manual shows a driven gear on the end of number 1 speed sensor, cheers mate

I don't have a manual. I work it out by taking things apart and seeing how they are put together:D

I don't have a manual. I work it out by taking things apart and seeing how they are put together:D

i have the "luxury" of a cheap e-bay set lol, they are photo copys but have come in handy for torque settings etc, thanks for the help Lee you have put my mind at rest

yep the UK auto LSD is the same size as the jap manual Diff. You would have needed to change the RHS driveshaft and should have changed the rear half of the prop to a shorter piece.

never changed any parts he just modified the bracket/mounting position if i remember right.works fine

• 4 months later...

Apologies for digging up this oldish thread but can someone who knows a thing or two condense all the replies and info in this thread into a reply that says exactly what;s need to put a UK autobox into a Jspec?

FWIW, I have a Torsen diff. Does that make any difference to the length of the prop shaft?