The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy Manifold

boombastictiger

Hi

I have a NA supra

Am looking to put a new exhaust on it...

I know this may sonud stupid but are thier any exhaust systems that can make my car sound similar to the CApritso exhaust on the ferrari f355?

And also I have been looking at the greddy manifold..What will changing my stock manifold to the greddy one do for me performance wise?

Thanks

Hi

I have a NA supra

Am looking to put a new exhaust on it...

I know this may sonud stupid but are thier any exhaust systems that can make my car sound similar to the CApritso exhaust on the ferrari f355?

I believe that the F355 engine is a flat plane V8, so it actually sounds like two inline 4's :) I'd rather have my car sounding like an inline 6.

Doesn't the F355 also have a trick cat/muffler bypass system? NAs sound great after a decat, apparently, but it'll be more rumbly than a Ferrari high revving shriek.

And also I have been looking at the greddy manifold..What will changing my stock manifold to the greddy one do for me performance wise?

Thanks

No point unless you are flowing LOADS of air. If you car is otherwise stock then leave it be.

RS-R is a make of exhaust - mild steel tubing with a stainless steel back-box. Sounds the mutts nutts, especialy once the two catalytic converters have been removed and replaced with straight-through pipework (i.e. a decat)

Dump valves are to be found on turbo motors only. If you fit a real one somewhere on an NA it will do feck-all. If you fit an electronic 'simulator' you will probably be drummed out of the club and shunned by supra owners world-wide:) :)

Im going to fit a tubro conversion soon...and i want to fit a 6 speed gearbox, but thats at a later date, would it be worth getting a manifold early?

Also in realistic terms, how much bhp would I get but de cat ing my exhaust and getting a new exhaust?

In that case you'd be better off starting with a TT - unless you intend to run BIG BHP then the Greddy intake is not worth the expense. If you are planning big power figures then if you start off with an NA you can expect huge builds when you rebuild the engine to support big boost.

A full decat and decent system on an NA is supposed to be worth around 5 - 20bhp as I recal, depending on the car and system used.

Use the FAQ section and the search button - they are your freinds :) :) and both topics have been covered fairly extensively in the past:)