The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My rear number plate has fallen off!

Clarkey

Or either someone has yanked it off.

Do I need my car documentation (to prove I am the owner of the plate) when I go into Halfords tomorrow to get a replacement ?

I hope not, as my car documents are in my flat and I'm 80 miles away @ my parents house.

I think you may need it for halfrauds.

That's what I thought .. bugger. Cheers for info tho!

A friendly motor factors is your best bet mate. :)

Yeah, I have a friend who's local and works in the trade. Hopefully, he might be able help.

Don't fancy driving doing a 160 mile roundtrip .. just to collect abit of sodding paper!

Christian, Did you get your other problems sorted?

Yes, I did John. There were 3 root causes:

a) The ECU earth - was making intermittent contact.

b) The RLTC was taking the RPM feed from somewhere else - that explained the weird wheel speed spikes on the RLTC traces .. Now it's taking it from the Tacho.

c) There was some issues with where RLTC was drawing it's power from.

On the way to Matt's - the engine cut - same fault. On sharp right hand turns ... roundabouts etc. I removed the ECU cover. Twiddled a few cables and balanced my laptop on the carpet - close to the ECU. It then was fine.

Matt was able to reproduce the fault in a few minutes of checking the car over. Basically by twiddling a few cables. But it took some time to locate the 3 causes. a) was abit tricky .. as even tho Matt connected the earth ... it somehow still managed to come loose. So, now it's permently earthed with a bolt .. then the ECU cover on top .. then secured with another bolt.

It was strange - because on a few occassions ..the EM on bare metal contact with the chassis was causing the car to stutter.

I'm sure Matt can explain better - if he sees this thread he may comment.

How's your conversion going ?

The manual box is great isn't it ? The manual box transforms the driving experience doesn't it ? ... it makes me feel that I'm more in control and it adds to the fun factor imo.

With the single, the manual box gearchanges - feel quite surreal when booting the car. Because the changes happen so much faster with the single.

Glad the conversion went all good .. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about the number plate! If there's any chance it could've been stolen I'd report it... nothing the police can do, but might prevent them knocking your door in to question you :eek:

Might be my imagination, but I'm sure that happened to a forum member a while back :conf:

Yeah for sure! I've reported it to the police. It could've been stolen or it may have just fallen off - because the adhesive that was holding the plate on ... lost it's sticky .. and the 2 ally brackets that hold the plate on - are completely undamaged .. not bent at all. So, would've been easy for it to fall off .. or for someone just to pull it off.

I ordered a replacement from http://www.demonplates.co.uk on Thursday .. and it arrived today .. all the way from Dublin. So, just got to get some decent adhesive.

Did you get a report/incident number from the police? A year ago i had mine nicked, told the police. Few days later, armed Greater Manchester Police officers turned up looking for me because "my car" was used in a "serious incident" in Salford :rolleyes: Was only when my dad (i was back up in the North East luckily) gave them the incident number that they backed off

Armed ?! Omigod! Waving Uzi's under your nose ??

Yeah - got the incident number. Because as you say - I don't fancy the police knocking on my door incase my local jewelery store get's ram-raided.

Last time someone was waving a gun around - was when I got stopped by the Belguim police .. while getting lost driving back from Amsterdam to Dusseldorf - and took a wrong turn!

Yeah for sure! I've reported it to the police. It could've been stolen or it may have just fallen off - because the adhesive that was holding the plate on ... lost it's sticky .. and the 2 ally brackets that hold the plate on - are completely undamaged .. not bent at all. So, would've been easy for it to fall off .. or for someone just to pull it off.

I ordered a replacement from http://www.demonplates.co.uk on Thursday .. and it arrived today .. all the way from Dublin. So, just got to get some decent adhesive.

Mine kept coming loose so I used the bracket and screwed it on with some nice stainless bolts....