The mkiv Supra Owners Club

de-cat pipes uk.spec

glenn

de-cat pipes uk spec. can anybody tell me if 1st and 2nd de-cat pipes are available,and any idea of prices and who supplies. car already has de-cat but it does 2 in 1 ie. turbo, back to exhuast, if available would like to fit, as then not to much bother fitting 2nd cat for mot. where as with system i have it's a nightmare

also experienced fuel cut recently so just had car on rolling road,with de-cat and super chip returning 382bhp but need to fit restricting ring as car over boosting causing fuel cut,can anybody tell me where ring would go on 2 in1 de-cat system[turbo end or exhust end]and if available on1st and 2nd de-cat where! in between the 2?

UK cars don't need a ring in the zorst, only J-spec.

Since you have fully de-catted and the cool air temps right now, it's not impossible to hit fuel cut. You will need a fuel cut defender to be able to boost over this level/limit - Thor do a good one which, is called the VFCC. Do you have a boost gauge fitted ? if not, it's a good device to see what boost you are actually running. I have CW twin decat pipes on my UK'er.

HTH

yesterday took car to allan jeffery in plymouth who advertises in most jap mags,he has the latest dyno rolling road,granted mainly specilizes in subuar/evo's and after stint on rolling road and looking at graph boosting just over 1 bar and recon's needs a resticting ring and then fine[i thought great easy solution] just don'T know who's right/wrong done around trip of 150 miles as nobody's into jap car's in cornwall

yesterday took car to allan jeffery in plymouth who advertises in most jap mags,he has the latest dyno rolling road,granted mainly specilizes in subuar/evo's and after stint on rolling road and looking at graph boosting just over 1 bar and recon's needs a resticting ring and then fine[i thought great easy solution] just don'T know who's right/wrong done around trip of 150 miles as nobody's into jap car's in cornwall

we're right, he is wrong. you do not need a restrictor ring on a uk spec. go with petes recommendation and get a thor fuel cut defender

He was not sure, but said he has seen it before, im having the fuel system checked out at the mo, cause I was sure it did not need a ring either.

Uk run all their fueling from the MAF anyway..! As for overboosting, a decent controller should be able to handle the overboost, but as mentioned above just make you get a FCD fitted.

i was told never to remove both Cats on a UK spec bacuse i would overboost big style>? is it true? even a boost controller couldn't lower the boost... if it isn't true my second cat is coming off :)

Usually only overboost on the Jap Spec cars due to the smaller wastegate

i agree with what your saying with regards to fitting a VFCC as you can switch off as well ,but as i mentiond i also have a super chip fitted into ecu andi would have thought this part is used to alter ecu.has anyone else got this set up with full de-cat

My suggestion (as did this with my uk spec) Put a different exhaust on, remove both cats, get a boost gauge and a FCD this should give you between 1 and 1.35 bar. I hit 1.35 MAX but this was because i was running such a HUGE exhaust. This figure is ok on uk tubbies, however it doesnt need to be that high as over 1.25 bar its not as efficient!

If you dont have a good intercooler get a EGT gauge. This will let you know if you need to replace the IC or not!

UKSpecs have big wastegates and don't overboost even with full decat and big exhausts.

The problem is that many people unknowingly have manual boost controllers fitted or leaky hoses around the wastegate. That is what causes fuel cut.

No need for restrictor rings etc, whoever says that has no good understanding of this version of the engine. Treat them with caution, they may be misled in other aspects as well.

Have a good search around on here Glenn, it's all been done before....that way you can make your own mind up from real life experiences :)

Super Chip - You might want to actually see what is fitted on your car for this.......

well peter i have been on to Thor raceing today and he's saying same as you! WHEN i brought up about A.B.C. super chip fitted , basicaly they do more or less the same thing, so got on to super chip technical dept and they say was chip fitted befor cat removel if so this may be cause of problem and need to take car to approved agent so it can re-calibrated so thats my next move[apparently chip has life time waranty] let you know how i get on