The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another noise from the back!!

jackso11

Well the noise has been there since i got my car a couple of months ago but I need to get rid of it.

I have replaced all the rubbers on the boot and minor knocking noises have now gone, but there is still a kind of creaking noise.

The strange thing is I went to see my peresnts over christmas in lincolnshire, and in the cold snow and ice the noise went away! Back down to london and the noise was not there until I got to south mimms, then it started again.

Any ideas? I got a warrenty with my car so I am going to give the garage a call but I prefer to do things by myself if I can...

Any clues? the cold thing makes me wonder if it is something loose. Any ideas would be good please everyone, pics would help too if you know of things that may need tightening.

Cheers, Happy new year.

creaking - sounds odd. check your body kit (if it has one) to ensure it isnt rubbing together. check our exhaust fitment (if its after market) by giving it a gentle kick and listen. strip out all the useless plastic gubbins out the boot and remove spare tyre and all other parts. also check your spoiler isnt moving about.

thats what id do to discover the source of a noise.

it is not the spoiler, or the poly. it sounds like its the suspension. Also when the car is stationary if I jump in the air and push all my weight down on the boot it will creak. Almost a cracking noise.

REDM, yes it is the same noise. Did you get yours fixed?

it is not the spoiler, or the poly. it sounds like its the suspension. Also when the car is stationary if I jump in the air and push all my weight down on the boot it will creak. Almost a cracking noise.

REDM, yes it is the same noise. Did you get yours fixed?

I had the top mount replaced and it didn't cure it. My mechanic dude is convinced that the problem lies with it and that the replacement part from Toyota was in fact an original part packaged in a later revision pack!

I'm thinking it's the strut though. Trying to think of a way of testing this out before buying!

Anyone got a yellow Bilstein or two I could use?