The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J spec headlight cleaning the easy way

Supradan

Just finished cleaning my plastic yellow headlights but i only used t cut on the outside lense and they have come up like new!!

Didnt think this would work and was all set to take them out and bake them but i dont think i need to now.

Here are some pics but they dont really do them justice

1st pic is left light cleaned and right light not cleaned other 2 pics are of cleaned lights

Left done right to be done.JPG

left.JPG

right.JPG

Just finished cleaning my plastic yellow headlights but i only used t cut on the outside lense and they have come up like new!!

Didnt think this would work and was all set to take them out and bake them but i dont think i need to now.

Here are some pics but they dont really do them justice

1st pic is left light cleaned and right light not cleaned other 2 pics are of cleaned lights

i done mine with T-cut as well but no where as good a job as you've done, nice one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey good thread, thought I might as well give it a go, nothing to loose as if it didn't work I can still take them appart and clean / reseal.

Did the front and back, wow what a difference! gone from misty to clear! :) I used some bodyshop cuttting compound, at the start they felt rough, after a while they were all smooth.

Still got a bit of discolouration in one of the front headlights, but it's much less concerning now, just doing one at my leasure is much better than having two to do urgently, thanks for the advice :)