The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Only passenger electric window stopped working, what I do?

Getrag

Right, I washed my car tonight, did an ECU reset, went out for a drive and clicked the passenger window half way down. A few minutes later went to put it up and it had stopped working full stop. The drivers window is working fine.

I made sure the front fuses were all in tight. I looked at the fuse panel in the drivers footwell but cant see a fuse that is for the electric windows. I checked any I wasnt sure of and they were good anyway. So where next, is likely to be a motor in the door not working? Could it be when that door was closed pretty hard the other day? What next?

When things go wrong they all come at once eh. Dont suppose this has anything to do with my poor petrol consumption either?

Lol, ive been an utter flange! Can you guess what I did? ;)

So, as above, i washed it, went out on a drive and the passenger window stops working half way down. I get quite worried about it, check all the fuses I can find, nothing. Make a post on here and do a little search. Take the door cards off and bugger, the plug was connected fine. Im starting to put the card back on and think, "uh oh!" I go back to the drivers side door and yip, the safey lock was on on the passenger electric window. I somehow managed to click it on while the window was half way down. I click it off and sigh in relief as the window goes back up.

Lol, oh well, at least I know how to remove the door cards :D

Its still drinking optiplop like a drunken sailer though :(

i know how you feel.i did exactly the same thing on my mr2.i went one step further than you though.i took my car back to the garage i bought it from,and he said straight away,turn ya window lock off.what an idiot i felt!! so you're not alone.i bet there are more people out there that have done the same thing.