The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adjusting UK Spec headlight

Shovels

Adjustment bolts (8 mm head) are as noted in previous answer. To adjust the aim correctly, shine the beam against a wall 25 feet away and adjust so the upper cutoff (flat portion) of the dipped beam drops 2.5" below the center height of the dipped lamp. For left-right aim adjust so that the point where the beam flares up to the left from each lamp is directly ahead; looks something like this: \___\___ . Best way to do this is put a vertical mark on the wall aligned with the center point of the car (eyeball aim using line on the rear window centre and just below the front screen mirror mount) then measure out left and right half the distance of the spacing between the dipped beam lamps. Mark these spots on the wall (marker or tape) and adjust till the height and dip point are correct.

Has anyone taken a headlamp apart to see if you change when you get the flare up?

I'd like to continue the flatness of the drivers side so that i can raise the level up a bit.

Cheers

SV

Theres some metal rods coming out of the back of the headlights. They have 8mm hex heads. You can adjust the dipped beam with those. The mainbean is non-adjustable.

I thought they would be the same as the J spec lights, you can adjust the Main beam on them!