The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd hand UK Spec front and rear brakes

Paul Whiffin

Got a set of UK spec front and rear brakes available.

Front brakes: pads are shafted, the discs are lipped, 4 pot calipers are fine, £200 as they are or I can supply new discs and pads at an extra cost

Rear brakes, pads are like new, discs are worn but some life left in them, 2 pot calipers all ok, £350

Delivery on top if required.

Picture attached for you

Any questions just ask

Cheers

Paul

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/2ndhandparts/brakes.jpg

Not sure if the j-spec's and Uk's are different. The bolt you refer to is the banjo bolt (it will have a hole for the brake fluid). If the J-Spec banjo bolt is a different thread or size then you will need it, if its not then you can just use your own.

The gasket is required too, i would get new ones of those regardless.

On mine its a copper washer/gasket. It should be a washer with a little tab to hold it in place (i think thats what mine was anyway).

I don't think you would need to get one from MR-T but i would replace them with new ones that haven't been previously compressed.

If you haven't done this before i wouldn't rule out doing it yourself just yet. Its a straight forward enough job but you have to be careful with overtightening and undertightening things. Its good to have someone who knows what they are doing help you out. Know anyone local?

The calipers were easier than the brakelines for me to replace. Where the line connects onto the pipe is a bitch. I struggled with the caliper bolts though, they are on TIGHT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.