The mkiv Supra Owners Club

P reg Aero Auto Silver AERO

extendor

Today I have come to the conclusion that the Supra should go because it is just sat on my drive day after day not going anywhere. I have a business and I am working virtually every hour and on the rare occasion we do have a sunny day I am in work and totally miss out on the experience of owning the Aero. I work a mile away from home and live in a town with Gestapo parking attendants and we have no free parking in the town. Therefore I do not even use the car for daily travel and it can sit for two or three weeks at a time without being used.

There is the other issue that I used to get a lot of pleasure from the car when I first bought it but now the edge seems to have gone. You might say I have fallen out of love – but through no fault of the car.

This is a lovely example of a clean NA Aero and as you can see from the photos it has been kept well but needs someone with more time to make it into something cherished. The alloys need a makeover, it needs a new aerial, it needs a new rear wiper rubber and the MOT man gave an advisory on a small leak on the first Cat. I have a second hand good condition cat to fit when the leak starts to be noticeable. It has a couple of small car park dents (as does any other car) has but there is nothing that cannot be sorted if you loved the car.

The engine is totally unmolested apart from an induction kit. It has UK spec suspension and a complete set of springs and shocks for lowering approx 1” which I think would make it look better.

The engine bay is very tidy and clean with no oil or water leaks. Temperature is spot on and there are no misfires, dodgy idle or anything unusual about the engine at all. No smoke on start up or white smoke when running.

The auto gearbox is super and behaves impeccably with no clunks or jumps into and out of gear.

The interior is very tidy and has fabric front seat and black ‘leather’ rears. The boot is unmarked and has an ‘as new’ spare with toolkit etc. I have been trying to source a fabric wrap for the driver speaker grill as there is a small tear on this which bothers me every time I sit in the car and see it. Strange how little things seem very important sometimes.

Currently with 65K on a P plate and I have absolutely no reason to believe that this is anything other than genuine. Speedo converted to MPH before I bought it but the active front spoiler is still set on KPH. That is an easy fix on the ECU wiring. Once again I don’t have time.

Ok, now the price and the conditions. The tax runs out at the end of the month so it will be sorned. It has 12months MOT and the tyres have loads of tread. If you want to test drive it you will have to provide insurance. I will not put you on my policy or let it be driven third party. Any inspection accepted at your own cost and time to be agreed. Bearing in mind that all the car really needs is someone to love it and spend time with it I am going to make it as attractive as I can to ensure the car goes to someone with a passion who can give the car what it deserves. Yes, I have let the car down and I know it but the car is a good example and once it is sorned it will not cost me anything to stay on the drive until I get the urge to spend time on it.

I am looking for £4250. If I don’t get that then I will keep the car. Working hard at business means I am strapped for time not cash.

I have added some pics below and will add some more for the interior, engine bay etc hopefully over the weekend. If anyone has any questions post on here or PM me. I can pick you up from Exeter or Teignmouth railway stations if you want to view. I make good coffee the Mrs can make brilliant bacon butties. We don’t do a vegetarian option – sorry.

Great ad!! Lovely looking car too, something about aero's....my bloke wrote his off a couple of weeks ago, a black one.....cant find one of those anywhere! So we looking for another for him to spend his down time playing with...would I get sauce with my bacon buttie though?!;)

Great ad!! Lovely looking car too, something about aero's....my bloke wrote his off a couple of weeks ago, a black one.....cant find one of those anywhere! So we looking for another for him to spend his down time playing with...would I get sauce with my bacon buttie though?!;)

We offer a full range of accompanyments including fried egg, brown sauce (HP) and Heinz Tomato ketchup.

I am not fit to own a Supra. I do not fookin believe it. Its a sunny day so I take the car for a drive to see if I can rekindle the spark. All very nice and a great drive, loads of sun and wind in the hair (more likely sunbirn on the bald bits) and I get home. Ok lets start to tidy the car for some pictures and notice the front of the car is plastered with flies all dried on. Get into the garage and no fly squash remover so I go under the kitchen sink and gets some Flash Kitchen cleaner spary. Give the worst bits a bit of a spray and then go to sort out the hose pipe, bucket etc. Come back and the stuff has foamed all over the place. I wash it off and it has marked the lacquer on the nose cone with white spots - all over

At the very least it needs a good TCut and polish at the very worst it needs a light wet/dry and relaquer. What I need is shooting.

Thats it folks, I cant do this anymore. First person to offer me £4K drives away. I am not supposed to own a Supra.

I have been up early to look at this and it is not too bad at all now. The cleaner seems to have left 'water marks' in the lacquer - similar to when you do not leather the car off after washing. These should come out with a light TCut and polish. Anyway, I am off to work now so it will have to wait for another day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.