The mkiv Supra Owners Club

seals going?

couv3z

think i aready know the answer as i have checked with steve at QSD

i have oil coming out of my bov on the intercooler piping, and light blue smoke puffing out of the exhuast, if i drop the throttle on a warm car:blink:

from my conversation with steve i guess its 3nd had j-spec tubbies or a rebuild?

just looking for advise on who for rebuild or any help on this, i have no clue this my first turbo car

There is a possibility that my turbo seals need doing as well :(

Would it be better to get this done before i go BPU as im thinking of buying the rest of the parts i need over the Winter while my car is off the road?!

I thought if the seals go, the Turbo has to go as well??

Can the seals be fixed then???

I thought if the seals go, the Turbo has to go as well??

Can the seals be fixed then???

yea you can have the turbos rebulit i got a quote from turbo technics 595.00 per turbo (j-spec) the internals will be replace with steel no ceramic.

that price is only the rebuild you still need to remove nad re fit the turbos yourself

yea you can have the turbos rebulit i got a quote from turbo technics 595.00 per turbo (j-spec) the internals will be replace with steel no ceramic.

that price is only the rebuild you still need to remove nad re fit the turbos yourself

Yeh true, personally, I wouldn't go for a rebuild hence why I am in the middle of buying another set...

With a rebuild, there is a risk of them going again though...:(