The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone from Bath? Suggestions on places to go...

edd_t

Hey all. Is there anyone from Bath here?

I'm taking my girlfriend to Bath (not for a Bath) for her Birthday, we are travelling up on Sunday to stay with her bro in Cheltenham, then on Monday driving into Bath, staying there the night and returning home on Tuesday.

So far I have planned to go to the main Bath museum place, to find a place that we can go for a Spa, and also to visit the Christmas Market. Is there anything else to look out for?

Also, apart from the normal places like Pizza Express, TGI's, Ask and the like. Are there any nice restuarants we should look out for in the evening? And pub grub to check out at lunch time?

Cheers :)

nice french restuarant, can't remember it's name though helpfully....

One is just off Milsom Street - might be Cafe Rouge, which is a chain, but fine.

My favourite is Restaurant de l'Arche (BA1 1HE), pricey but often have hot French waitresses.

There's also one called Beaujolais with loads of corks in the window - not eaten there.

If you want somewhere to eat at lunchtime, you're spoiled for choice. Los Iguanas is cheapish and tasty Mexican food. There's pan-Asian buffet place called F.east in the Odeon complex (eat animal fats until your arteries cry out for mercy for £5.99). Thai Balcony (BA1 1EN ) is cheap and cheerful if you fancy a green Thai curry.

My favourite is Restaurant de l'Arche (BA1 1HE), pricey but often have hot French waitresses.

If you want somewhere to eat at lunchtime, you're spoiled for choice. Los Iguanas is cheapish and tasty Mexican food. There's pan-Asian buffet place called F.east in the Odeon complex (eat animal fats until your arteries cry out for mercy for £5.99). Thai Balcony (BA1 1EN ) is cheap and cheerful if you fancy a green Thai curry.

Oh and this gastropub served great, if pricey food and is well recommended by us even if Ronnie O'Sullivan and his manager got served before us despite arriving after us.

http://www.ohhcompany.co.uk/the_crown/index.html

they all sound good, cheers guys :) hot waitresses woohoo :D

Fancy an Indian? Go here. http://www.easterneye.com/

Lovely food in a unique building.

Seconded

Stunning place to spend an evening and prior to that there is a really good pub just round the corner. I cannot recall the name but if you were exiting the Eastern Eye turn left into Quiet Street and turn first right and the pub is immediatley on the right.

The Roman Baths are great, you get to walk on the paving slabs the romans walked on and the whole town is really cool...

Thai Balcony at Seven Dials for an evening meal is suberb.

There's a fish restaurant on North Parade (near Lambrettas bar), but not been there. There's also a nice spanish tapas place next door.

Martini's is quite good for italian food, although a mate recommemded 'IL TOCCO D' ITALIA ' on Spring Gardens Road near Pultney bridge

There's a Loch Fine restaurant at the top of Milsom St

Las Iguanas mexican is good food, but can be a very long wait

I think that Rajpoot on Argyle Street (near Pultney Bridge) is better than easterneye for Indian

F.east in the Odeon complex is no longer open, but there is another oriental buffet place above waitrose (can't remember name)

Go for a walk round Royal Victoria Park if it's sunny up to the Royal Cresent - there's a museum in No1 The Crescent