The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still no car ... advice needed.

AlexJames

Hey Guys,

Ok, so the insurance company still has the supra after this ...

[ATTACH]81261[/ATTACH]

... new radiator, wings bonet and bumper... just over £800 worth of damage... anyway, they want to write it off, which I laughed at and asked for the car back... they say its only worth £1700!?

I want the car back to fix it myself, but they have still got it after three months and no sign of my curtasy car! ... Admiral insurance this! ...

Is this usual?:search:

seriously, they have got so much wrong its laughable!! they thought it was a mark 3!, then told me I had done 104k miles, which I havent, then told me there were going to charge me £30 for changing my job.. to which they tried to send the bailifs around to get money!!!.... and I havent changed my job in the last 3 years! ....

I had the same when i wrote off my n/a a few years back, I insured it for £7500 (it was an ex-veilside demo) and when I wrote it off after 6 weeks (sob!) they offered £2000. I trawled the mags, the internet, forums anywhere I could and got 50 pages of "proof", i then faxed the lot to them and rang and suggested I'd sue them for taking money off me for an £8k car when they suggest it's worh was a third of that. I got £5600 eventually. Still a con but a damn sight better.

Fkin hell is that what a Sup N/A books at these days!?

no... thats what they say a TT books at these days!!! Im seriously considering getting on the blower to them and just screaming law suit untill I get my freaking car back...

Oh and they tried to get it scrapped without notifying me... thankfully the garage that its at knew I wouldnt want it scrapping so told them where to shove it! :(

I just has a similar type of problem! http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=160750

Really do hope this gets sorted ASAP for you mate. It's like losing a limb not having it and then being stabbing repeatedly everytime they make a 'mistake'.

I personally believe that they will try and have one over on you to save themselves money. Tell them you will go to the insurance omnisbudsman (sp?) and sue them for selling you a policy not fit for purpose, ie; when it comes to making a claim they wont pay out for damage that is economically repairable

It's actually the FSA that deal with this now. I spoke to them briefly (then hung up as my insurance company phoned me - I almost fainted!) but they seem quite helpful. Very quick to answer too!