The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-Spec sidelight bulb

chp03bcd

This has been covered i am sure but i am still a bit confused so was hoping someone can put me straight.

I have just noticed i have a sidelight bulb out on my J-Spec pre-facelift headlight. Now, just making sure i'm clear, this is the bulb in the little nubbin inside of the headlight casing. I am not sure what bulb type i should order to replace the one blown, i think it is something like a 9003 type?

However I also notice a w5w type being mentioned but i believe this is an LED. Does this mean you can fit LED sidelight bulbs to pre-facelift J-Spec's or is this type of bulb reserved for the sidelights which are outside of the headlight casings (which i dont have as it's pre-facelift)??

Also are 9003 bulbs (or whichever the correct type is) widely available from say Halfrauds?

Ok, cheers. Will i need anything else in order to make the LED bulb work in comparison to the standard bulb that has just blown or is it as simple as plugging in the w5w it works!?

Also can you point me in the right direction for the Ebay bulbs as there are quite a few w5w types.

Thanks again. I did see this thread but that's partly where my confusion arose as the lights visible in your picture are the ones outside of the headlight casing so when people were talking about 'sidelights' i didn't know exactly to what they were referring.

I dont have HID lights so would the LED sidelights just look silly when matched with standard bulbs?

Just buy HID's too, imo it is the best mod you can do to your supra. Do a search there is loads to read about them. Personally I would go for 4300k as they are the brightest. Seriously you will wonder why you never bought HIDs sooner.

The sidelights in my thread are the facelift ones but they are the exact same.

Cheers. I have read a bit about the HID kits and lots of people speak very highly of them and i am quite tempted to get some dipped beam ones. Is it really as easy as getting an HID kit from Ebay for £50-80 ish and i'm up and running? I'm not the most talented of mechanics so would i need to get a local garage to fit them or is it really simple?